Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Flyboys

Guest Gary Davidson

Rather than make movies about how they won everybody elses wars, why don't they get on and win the one they're fighting.............. in Iraq.

Or should we make a movie about how a Brit won the Battle of Gettysburg single handed!

Hambo

No ... just have a film about the American Revolution where the French play more than a peripheral part and the colonists have divided loyalties.

Oh, and burn U-571 and its financiers and corporate strategists. I know film companies have to associate with their major customer base, but really...

Ricardo

Bit late on this one............the 'blurb'says that no film has used these sorts of aircraft. Obviously never saw or heard of Hell's Angels then. They used the real ones!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gary Davidson

Okay. Not much enthusiasm over this upcoming WW1 aviation flick. So tell me, what movie would YOU like to see made?

Gary

Gary

I'd love them to make a WW1 aviation film provided it was a good one. This would mean:

1] reflecting the values of the time rather than political correctness or the "all Generals are idiots" view

2] reflecting the horror of war, but also portraying the courage and commitment and honour of the men involved - Saving Private Ryan proved it was possible to do both these things

3] No unnecessary women - the Battle of Britain film wasted too much time on all that;

4] Use decent replica aircraft rather than CGI or converted Tiger Moths

5] Not implying that the Lafayette Escadrille won the war

The reason everyone appears less than enthusiastic is because we suspect we won't get all the above.

Adrian