Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Seeking a photo of Maj Gilbert W. Murlis-Green

Steve Brew

Hi all

Does anyone have a good quality (AFARP) photograph of Murlis-Green at any time during his life, please?

I am the Honorary Historian for 41 Squadron RAF (see bottom of home page at: https://www.seekanddestroy.info/), and have written three books on the Squadron during WWII. I am currently working on an interwar volume, which includes Murlis-Green, who was OC 41 Sqn 15 Apr 1924-2 Feb 1926.

There are very few images on the internet, and then of relatively low resolution. I am seeking something of sufficient quality to be used in a book, preferably of him alone rather than a group photo.

It should be in the public domain, expired Crown Copyright, or perhaps a photo you own or have the copyright to, which you might permit me to reproduce, please. Either way, it must be something that will allow me to comply with copyright law.

Happy to receive a direct e-mail rather than a reply post, if preferred. My e-mail address is below.

Many thanks
Steve Brew
brew@clients.ch
http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm

There is a good photo of him on page 359 of Air Defence of Britain 1914/18 by Cole and Cheesman but there is no information as to copyright shown. 

Thanks Red Gate, I don't know that book and can't find a copy online, or contact details for either author. Would you mind scanning a copy for me, please?

Thanks

Probably prefer more war-time photos, but here's one in later life.
f4876103-3ce2-4618-b924-a0bef07fd98a.jpg?client=trees-mediaservice&imageQuality=hq

Sourced from Ancestry.
Zidane.

Thanks tankengine888, a good quality image, but the copyright is unclear. I appreciate your time and effort, though. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Steve Brew said:

Thanks tankengine888, a good quality image, but the copyright is unclear. I appreciate your time and effort, though. Thank you.

Would you like me to check with the uploader?

Zidane.

Yes, please! I have library access to Ancestry, but it does not give me the ability to contact family tree owners, so that would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Not instilling too much hope.. The uploader hasn't been online in 3-11 months, still worth a try!

Zidane.