Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Battery Valley - Previous chats

Paul Renton Greaves

Last summer we stayed at Battery Valley Farm and our hosts entertained us with the Trench map of the Battle of the Somme.

This in turn has kindled my interest in tracing said map. I have registered today and not conversant with how the forums operate- so please be sympathetic!

Much to my amazement I have found this forum with the map during a previous chat. Please can those participants help me in my quest?

Paul Renton Greaves

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. Do you mean this thread?

2 hours ago, Paul Renton Greaves said:

Last summer we stayed at Battery Valley Farm and our hosts entertained us with the Trench map of the Battle of the Somme.

This in turn has kindled my interest in tracing said map. I have registered today and not conversant with how the forums operate- so please be sympathetic!

Much to my amazement I have found this forum with the map during a previous chat. Please can those participants help me in my quest?

Paul Renton Greaves

If you want maps, we have 6,500 all georeferenced. Have a look at TrenchMapper, best if you are a WFA member. Have a look at the Help screens including videos on how to use the array of tools available.

I just looked for (just) Battery using Advanced Search and found Battery Valley and 343 maps that cover that area including aerial photographs. You can fade in/out with the Opacity slider, right click and use the tools available there including Street View direct from the Great War map, measure bearing and distance etc. etc.

Howard