Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Manx Service Company

manxsapper

I am reasearching for a book, along with my brother, on the Manx Service Company, part of 2nd Cheshires at Salonika, which hopefullly will be printed later this year. Has anyone got any photos, letters, diaries, postcards etc that may give me any more info that I can add to the book? I would also like to hear from anyone that may have medals, badges etc related to "The Manx Company".

Best regards, Barry

Barry,

I'm unable to help with your request but an acquaintance of mine is a Manxman and he's done a lot of research on Manxmen killed on the Western Front. Unfortunately, he, too, is unable to help with your search for material but the thought occurs to me that, if you're researching other Manx units, you might like to get in touch with him. If so, let me have your E-Mail address and I'll send his telephone number.

Incidentally, he's mentioned a small book that covered Manx involvement in the First World War, written in the 1920s and published on the island. However, it's fifty years since he looked at a copy!!

David T.

Barry

Sure you already know this, but just in case you don't here goes....................

The Manx Museum in Douglas has various items associated with the Manx Service Coy, including photos & the Roll of Honour. I am sure if you contact them, they may be able to provide copies of those photos etc they have on display & any others that are held in their archives.

Should you need anyone to visit the museum or anywhere on the Island, let me know, & I'll try my best......

Mark