Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photos needed for book on the badges of the TF

poona guard

At the moment I am checking what I have and so far need cloth 4th/Rs/QER cloth badge and a photo of the pagri patch, similaryly pagri flash photos for the 1/5th & 6th, photo of 5/6th RS, red stripes on 1/7th, 1/8th pioneer photo, 1/9th in 51,61 &15 Divisions and 2/10 showing Russia star. 5th Queens shoulder title & photo of them wearing company colours with 12th Indian Div and 2/4th Queens in 34 Div. Pagri patch of 1/4th Buffs & photo of 10th Buffs showing badge. Any photos of TF bns of the NF, 1st & 2nd lines plus 36th Bn. Any photos of TF Warwicks. A photo of 5th Kings officer, tunics for 5th, 6th & 7th Kings, 2/6th officers cap badge plus photos of 2/5th, 2/6th, 2/7th Kings showing cloth badge and a photo of 2/8th Kings in training. If anyone has any of these it would very helpful if i can have copies. Thanks.

Poona Guard

• 1 year later...

Just trying to find the last badges. Does anyone have a photo of the 4th Buffs pagri flash (or an example) or officers collar badges of the 4th & 5th Border regiments or 1/4th Dorset pagri flash or 1st/3rd Monmouths cloth title or 1st/11th London Pagri flash or 2nd/17th London cloth titles? Any help gratefully received.

8 minutes ago, poona guard said:

Just trying to find the last badges. Does anyone have a photo of the 4th Buffs pagri flash (or an example) or officers collar badges of the 4th & 5th Border regiments or 1/4th Dorset pagri flash or 1st/3rd Monmouths cloth title or 1st/11th London Pagri flash or 2nd/17th London cloth titles? Any help gratefully received.

I have already provided you with quality images of 4th and 5th Borders collar badges in PM thread titled “22nd London’s” that you acknowledged some time ago?

Edited by FROGSMILE

1 hour ago, poona guard said:

They were the cap badges I thought.

They are collar badges and the thread, titled 22nd London,  is still in my PM box, it also contains many other badges and STs that you specifically asked for.  Have you deleted the thread at your end?  

Apologies if I got it wrong but the images I have are cap badges and I don't know what a PM box is or where it is. If you enlighten me I will look for it.

Best,

Dave

2 hours ago, poona guard said:

Apologies if I got it wrong but the images I have are cap badges and I don't know what a PM box is or where it is. If you enlighten me I will look for it.

Best,

Dave

PM = private messaging where you’ve been communicating with me via several threads for some time now.  Attached to your profile (user name - click on 3 horizontal lines top right corner of page) there’s a little envelope symbol and if you click on it you will find your mailbox with received messages and sent messages.  The messages stay unless you delete them, just like emails, but contained within the forum (i.e. visible after you log in).  I have just this morning added another post to one of the threads that is titled ‘shoulder title’ with some more titles from the list of wants you sent me late last year.  Within the threads described are all the images that I’ve ever sent you having scoured the web to find them.  I assumed that you’d then saved and catalogued them in your own image portfolio.  If not then I’ve been wasting my time trying to help.  There are a lot of images that you specifically asked for.  I enclose just one of the officers collar badges that I sent.  It’s not a cap badge.

IMG_3345.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

I thought I had saved all the relevant ones but not the one you just. will look at PM.

1 hour ago, poona guard said:

I thought I had saved all the relevant ones but not the one you just. will look at PM.

The 4th is also there.  Both badges shown twice, in different sizes.

4 hours ago, FROGSMILE said:

The 4th is also there.  Both badges shown twice, in different sizes.

Founf them - missed along with two others - thanks

Thanks Caladonia but it's the 2/4th Bn flash. I need the 1/4th, DORSET in a straight line.

2 hours ago, poona guard said:

Founf them - missed along with two others - thanks

Glad you found them okay.