Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Alfred George Fairbrother

Simon fairbrother

Hello
I think descendant is the wrong way round unless you're referring to something else. I could only find a Alfred George Fairbrother born in 1893 from Birmingham who married Edith Clarke in September 1916. He would be killed in 1917. He had no children
image.png.184534a0ce68435cf940da9fbfea6477.png
More information would be required to confirm who Alfred George Fairbrother is.
Zidane.

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. As Zidane says, you really need to give some more information. Place of birth, bate of birth, parents. 

If this is the correct Alfred, he has no known grave, and is remembered at the Arras memorial. 

https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/1541723/alfred-george-fairbrother/

4 hours ago, tankengine888 said:

Hello
I think descendant is the wrong way round unless you're referring to something else. I could only find a Alfred George Fairbrother born in 1893 from Birmingham who married Edith Clarke in September 1916. He would be killed in 1917. He had no children
image.png.184534a0ce68435cf940da9fbfea6477.png
More information would be required to confirm who Alfred George Fairbrother is.
Zidane.

He seems a distinct possibility.

From the LongLongTrail parent of this forum:

11th (Service) Battalion the Royal Warwickshire Regiment.
Formed at Warwick in September 1914 as part of K3 and attached as Army Troops to 24th Division.
April 1915 : joined 112th Brigade, 37th Infantry Division.
Landed in France 30 July 1915.
Disbanded in France on 7 February 1918.”  This was a unit of Kitchener’s New Armies raised from citizen volunteers, but after 1916 would have received conscripts as reinforcements to replace casualties.

CFE78E44-3938-4ADB-80E6-CC21F2D99569.jpeg

DE243B5A-5B97-48C0-8177-C515635E2BB3.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

Until @Simon fairbrother returns with more information, were are just speculating. The sort of information we need is any or all of

• Is Alfred George Fairbrother his full name.
  • When was he born
  • Where was he born
  • Who were his parents
  • Who did he marry
  • When did he marry
  • Who were his children and when and where were they born
  • Do you have  his WW1 medals, if so what is written on the rim
  • Do you have any photos of him in uniform
  • Could you tell us how you know he served in WW1

To track a man down, we need as much as possible so that we can be sure we have the right man

There were 2 men with this name born in England (if he were indeed born in England) between 1880 and 1900.

He could have signed up as plain Alfred or as plain George.

Births Dec 1892   (>99%)
Fairbrother  Alfred George    Aston  6d 263  

Births Sep 1896   (>99%)
Fairbrother  Alfred George    W. Derby  8b 633

Hello!  I am now in touch with Simon who has been looking for me for some time as Alfred was a family member and I have previously put info on here.  I have a large family tree complete and will help out with information and I am aware that the OP has read my stuff here and on the Unknown Soldier site for the centenary and has my photo of Alfred now cheers folks.  He was killed in action, from Birmingham. 
As it happens Corisande the other Fairbrother you mentioned lived just around the corner from me but I have checked and no relation at all! There has been a good deal of info posted on him locally though.  

Edited by Alisonmallen62

Hello everyone,

thanks for your advice, yes it was my first post & I did mean ancestor not descendant 😀

I’ve been in contact with Alison & I think she has all the information on Alfred.

once again thanks all for the quick response

So very sad.  I found his photo in my late father in laws stuff and my husband looks similar so I knew he was related and it all started there.  He deserves to be remembered.