Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Seeking WW1 Victory Medal 52001 2AM Charles Henry Dalton RAF

RFT

Seeking Victory Medal - 52001 2AM Charles Henry Dalton RAF

Having undertaken much research into this airman it would be good to obtain the Victory Medal to place alongside the BWM (which I am lucky enough to have acquired).  

Regular visits to the British Medal Forum (as a Member) have to date drawn a blank.  If, per chance, any member of the GWF is in possession of this medal I would certainly welcome hearing from you. 

Rob

Have you tried an ad in medal news magazine ?

Thanks Coldstreamer - Medal News didn't cross my mind but will certainly give that consideration.

I usually keep a watchful eye on several online dealers/traders not forgetting eBay - Latter has certainly provided positve results.

Rob

Good luck . At least you have the silver one !

• 3 weeks later...

set up searches on ebay and The Saleroom.

probably a jaunt for you but 27th November there is a militaria fair at Yate, near Bristol. always a lot of medals for sale there. One thing we know is, there are a few dealers that attend that do not have shops or internet presence , so , their only records are whats on sale on the day.

Thank you for your interest and advice chaz.

My effort to search for Mr Dalton's Victory Medal is probably like searching for the proverbial "needle in a haystack."  

In 1920, when he passed away, Charles Henry Dalton was residing in Dulwich, London.  Some 52 years later, his BWM emerged in Eastbourne.  Perhaps, the Victory Medal is nearby!

Regards,

Rob