Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cannot find 1914 Star medal roll for 2nd Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders

WilliamRev

In previous weeks Forum pals were extremely helpful in helping me find some 1914 star medal rolls on Ancestry that were wrongly indexed or just in odd places. I am hoping that you can all help me again.

This time I am after the 1914 star medal roll for 2nd Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders on Ancestry, and have looked hard before bothering you all. Thanks in advance, William

Do you have some one In particular ? I find it easier to find specifics and then work backwards 

Hi Coldstreamer; as previously, I am after the roll so that I can count men who forfeited 1914 Star for desertion, and as yet I have no specific names in mind. Since every highland battalion has plenty of James or Andrew MacDonalds, I tried looking for a few of those, and came up with every highland battalion apart from 2nd Argyll and Sutherland. They were certainly in action on the Western Front in 1914 (in 19 Brigade) so that is not the problem. I tried under Princess Louises's Highlanders, but that was no use. I'm beginning to wonder if this one is missing.

William .

Ooh, thank you very much - that is really helpful. (And thanks too Coldstreamer for looking this time and for your help on the previous occasions!)

William