Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte 109228 Joseph E Hindley

Jordiviz

And you would like someone to research him for you? A please or a thanks goes a long way! 

22 minutes ago, JasonMc said:

And you would like someone to research him for you? A please or a thanks goes a long way! 

Indeed!

2 hours ago, Jordiviz said:

Service no 109228 Liverpool Regiment - no other information other than I have his war medal

jordiviz

Joseph Edward Hindley  B. 29/4/1897,Westhoughton Lancashire.   1911 Census; Aged. 13. Temple Farm, Westhoughton. Farm worker, adopted son of Daniel and Mary. (Aunt and Uncle). Enlisted.- Royal Field Artillery. 12/12/1915.   Mobilized 22/5/1918 and posted to the K.L.R.   Embarked for France 3/10/1918.   His medal roll shows he served with the 13th battalion, Find M.P. has 13th and 3rd batt. Liverpool regt. 

• 3 weeks later...

thank you for this detail - i cannot find him via  findmypast so will try some more searches. my aim is to reunite his medal with his family

Joseph E. Hindley same DOB Died Bolton 1976. Same DOB also appears in Ancestry's 1939 register, which may give wife ?

1939 register shows him living at same address as in 1911.  It is possible to find him on FMP but it takes a bit of searching and he appears to be listed on 2 pages.  FMP is a more up to date release in that there are less records redacted.

He's at the same address - Temple farm with wife Eleanor (married 4Q 1921, Bolton), daughters Mary (4Q 1922), Constance (1Q 1935), Joyce (4Q 1936) and son Daniel (3Q 1924)

All four children married and there are nine grandchildren.  As most of the family are still alive it would be inappropriate to give names etc on a public forum. 

If you'd like me to find them please PM me.

I've done this quite a few times before, including reuniting a Dead Man's Penny with the recipient's great niece and a victory medal dug up in a garden in Sussex and returned to the family in Derbyshire.

many thanks - I think I have found members of family, Lancashire BDM very helpful.  have written for confirmation, will post outcome

• 4 years later...
  • Admin

As started by you in 2018. 

See also this thread

Thanks Michelle.  Out of curiosity was it the Victory medal you had as I have the Silver British War medal. 

4 hours ago, Michelle Young said:

As started by you in 2018. 

Any chance you can merge the threads Michelle. 

• Admin

Done.