Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

M/1909 Ammopouch Markings

Smuli

6 hours ago, Smuli said:

Hello! Can anyone here, help me identify these markings on a Ammopouch? It's made by  E.ROSE ERMSLEBEN in 1915.

IMG_20220801_174847.jpg

Hi Smuli. Welcome to the forum. I see you question hasn't had a response so I thought to look up the likely unit the ammunition pouch was issued from. By process of elimination, looking at Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery, it appears it could be 155 (7th West Prussian) Infantry Regiment. I'm no expert at all but using wiki as my guide think this is a possibility. I will tag an expert in who maybe able to assist further.

Kind regards Gunner 87

@AOK4

good evening,

this unit is :

Infantry Regiment Nr 156 (3. Schlesisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.156) - 1st Battalion.

the date is 1916.

this regiment served in the VIth Reserve Army Corps - 11th Reserve Division - 23rd Brigade

historic to the 11th Reserve Division :

https://genwiki.genealogy.net/11._Reserve-Division_(WK1)

michel

1 hour ago, battle of loos said:

good evening,

this unit is :

Infantry Regiment Nr 156 (3. Schlesisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.156) - 1st Battalion.

the date is 1916.

this regiment served in the VIth Reserve Army Corps - 11th Reserve Division - 23rd Brigade

historic to the 11th Reserve Division :

https://genwiki.genealogy.net/11._Reserve-Division_(WK1)

michel

Thank you so much! -Smuli

2 hours ago, Gunner 87 said:

Hi Smuli. Welcome to the forum. I see you question hasn't had a response so I thought to look up the likely unit the ammunition pouch was issued from. By process of elimination, looking at Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery, it appears it could be 155 (7th West Prussian) Infantry Regiment. I'm no expert at all but using wiki as my guide think this is a possibility. I will tag an expert in who maybe able to assist further.

Kind regards Gunner 87

@AOK4

Thank you, happy to be here and learn more!

Edited by Smuli