Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Im at a lost trying in identifying these 2 photos

Lawrence Stroobandt

On 02/08/2022 at 07:20, AOK4 said:

I do not understand certain remarks, I think we are all interested in the history of this conflict, "the first war" when I find no answer to my questions concerning an event, an object or other and you answer me about me """" my request "" posted, I'm happy, now I don't dare to post anymore for fear of seeing my request rejected and criticized, I'm only a little Belgian"""WALLON"" Germanque, always interested in the history and events of the English army, if I make mistakes in my translations at my age "" soon to be 66 "" I apologize and I try to catch up, thank you to have read me, cordially """PAUL""

2 hours ago, le ulhan said:

Hello, I think that a forum is used for this, to perfect our knowledge, you of course have the infused science, since the beginning of my inscription here you do nothing but criticize me, yes I know, the Flemings and the Walloons are like dog and cat, so please do not interfere with my comments and posts, I would not want to be responsible for a heart disease on your subject or an aggravation of your prostate, thank you for reading me, super nice.

The post that I had hidden was to say I have the post cards posted to a selling forum, I don't believe I criticized any members posts or comments. In fact I appreciated any information that was given on the photos that I wanted info on. 

3 hours ago, Lawrence Stroobandt said:

The post that I had hidden was to say I have the post cards posted to a selling forum, I don't believe I criticized any members posts or comments. In fact I appreciated any information that was given on the photos that I wanted info on. 

Hi Lawrence, 

This is a complex area on this forum. Although the forum exists for the furtherment of interested parties' knowledge of the Great War, and the people here have an enormous amount of expertise, there is a difference between someone (like myself) who looks for details of, for instance, their grand uncle's war service,  and someone who has an item to sell, puts a query on the forum, and the item is spotted by a member for sale later. It sometimes includes the detail gained here almost word for word.

In your case, you were very upfront about your intentions and perhaps inadvertently fell foul of sensitivities here about reselling.

The post could have been seen here, rightly or wrongly, as an attempt to broaden the audience for the sale.

Just a personal opinion.

Dave