Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2nd Bn Bedfordshire regiment.

koyli

Hello there,

I have a full copy of the 2nd Bn Bedfordshire regiment War Diary.

If anyone needs some information please let me know.

Koyli.

And I have an extract from what I presume is the regimental history detailing the 2nd's activities July to October 1916 (supplied by the regimental museum)

John

Guest Hill 60

Koyli - I very much doubt there will be anything on my great uncle (41652 Pte William George Swain, 2nd Beds) but what does the diary have to say about the 21st March 1918 (the day he was killed)?

If the page for this day could be copied (I'll pay) I'd be grateful.

Thanks for any help :)

koyli, would it be possible to obtain a copy of the war diary (2nd Beds) for the month of April 1918 please? (Expenses paid of course).

KOYLI,

I am researching a soldier of the 2nd Beds who was KIA on 26/10/14. Would it be possible to get a copy of the diary from the outbreak of war until end of Oct 1914, I will of course meet all costs.

Thanks

IanC

• 2 years later...
And I have an extract from what I presume is the regimental history detailing the 2nd's activities July to October 1916 (supplied by the regimental museum)

John

Can you send me what info you have for July, especially around the Trones Wood area. I'm trying to trace why a family member, Lewis Palmer got an MM. Looking at the gaz. date I think July was the month of action and have also been told a pos. at TW.

Gary

• 12 years later...

Trying to find full copy of 2nd Beds unit records to try to see what my Great Grandfather - Private G N Sparkes received a MID for during the last quarter of 1918? Can anyone help me? where might I find a copy please? Many thanks, Roger

Edited by Guest

Links here http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_aq="wo 95" "2 battalion" bedfordshire&_dss=range&_l=7&_ro=any&_hb=tna&_st=adv divided into several sections as the battalion was posted around a few divisions, and also to make them a reasonable size for download.