Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Long shot looking for RICHARDL, and Pte A Pages Victory medal

Carrots

RichardL listed in March 2009 that he had a Victory Medal to Pte A Page 14864 Ryl Fusiliers , i have this soldiers 14 Star and War Medal and would love to reunite his Medals , i know it’s a long shot but you never know .

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. 

RichardL hasn’t signed into the forum for over 7 years but I have sent him a personal message to alert him to your message. I can’t guarantee he will respond to you though.

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for your message Steve - it's been a long time since I logged - time flies! :)

Phil - I've still got the medal. Can I ask how you got the other 2 ?

Rich

Thanks for posting the images so speedily. :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Steve

Hi Richard, i recently purchased the Star and his war medal which is damaged, but i will have the bar repaired, i went online to see if any information on Pte Page and your Question asking for info on him on this site came up be it 13 years old, regards Phil

Hi Phil,

I was given the medal by my Nan which is when I posted my original message. I don't think he's a family relation, although I haven't gone any further than having the MIC.

Have you managed to find out any other family history info about him?

Regards, Rich

Hi as yet no further info other than his MIC which states he was an early entrant into france  15-8-14 so he probably fought at Mons , i picked his other two medals up on ebay from a dealer who couldn’t offer any further help , but i intend to research him as much as i can , i will keep you posted, if you are a medal collector i might have something to swap or i could buy the victory off you as would like to get group back together , let me know your thoughts, regards Phil

Hi Phil,

As you say it would be great to reunite the medals and have them all together. I'd be happy to either swap or sell it to you.

I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks, so I won't be able to arrange anything until after then.

Can you let me know how you get on with your research?

Thanks, Rich

Hi Richard, that’s great news if you let me know your collecting theme i can see if anything suitable for you or what deal we can do  , anyway enjoy your Holiday and speak on your return, Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Richard, hope you had a good holiday, and are back safe , have you any thoughts regards a swap or sale on Pte Pages Victory medal , regards research as yet bit of a blank, regards Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rich , i have come to a bit of a blank regarding research, i think i might have to contact the Regimental Museum, regards Phil

• 1 month later...

You might do better sending him an email as not a frequent visitor

• Admin

@RichardL last visited the forum in June. Best send him a PM. Click on his username, then click on the envelope icon, this opens up a dialogue box where you can type a private message. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Phil,

I got your PM with your email address, sorry for taking so long to reply, it's one of the things I've been meaning to get around to.

I don't collect medals as such, just ones with a family connection, as I'm into family history.

So, if you PM your address, I'll post the medal to you, and you can make a donation to the Poppy Appeal if you wish.

Richard

• Admin

@CarrotsPhil, please use personal messages to communicate your address to Richard. This is a public forum where spammers can gather information like you have posted.