Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sherwood foresters Battalion Patch

Simon J Emmerson

This maybe wishful thinking. The Territorial Pte looks like he's sporting a Battalion Patch or is it just a shadow on his tunic. What's everyone's thoughts. 

Regards Simon 

1654535103489.jpg

It does look to me as if there’s a cloth badge at the top of his arm just beneath the shoulder seam, although I cannot make out the precise shape of it.

Just now, FROGSMILE said:

It does look to me as if there’s a cloth badge at the top of his arm just beneath the shoulder seam, although I cannot make out the precise shape of it.

I was thinking it could possibly be the 1/6th TF Batt Patch Screenshot_20200410-213835_Gallery.jpg.0bdc91eae1d861a4c6aa4a028df37f78.jpg

42 minutes ago, Simon J Emmerson said:

I was thinking it could possibly be the 1/6th TF Batt Patch Screenshot_20200410-213835_Gallery.jpg.0bdc91eae1d861a4c6aa4a028df37f78.jpg

I can’t see well enough to confirm a view I’m afraid.

My caveat would be that this appears to be a 1914 image and thus probably far too early for the wearing of battle patches which - albeit not definitvely - tend to be more of a 1916/ 1917 thing.

Cheers,

GT.

I guess you can (probably) rule out the 7th, but after that I can't really make out the patch

cheers

Mike

Looks like a shadow to me.  The titles are three tier one's either T5 or T6 you can tell by the the straightness and stiffness of the epaulettes. 

On 10/06/2022 at 19:57, john gregory said:

Looks like a shadow to me.  The titles are three tier one's either T5 or T6 you can tell by the the straightness and stiffness of the epaulettes. 

I agree - looks like T5 or T6