Jump to content
Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sherwood foresters Battalion Patch


Simon J Emmerson

Recommended Posts

This maybe wishful thinking. The Territorial Pte looks like he's sporting a Battalion Patch or is it just a shadow on his tunic. What's everyone's thoughts. 

Regards Simon 

1654535103489.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does look to me as if there’s a cloth badge at the top of his arm just beneath the shoulder seam, although I cannot make out the precise shape of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FROGSMILE said:

It does look to me as if there’s a cloth badge at the top of his arm just beneath the shoulder seam, although I cannot make out the precise shape of it.

I was thinking it could possibly be the 1/6th TF Batt Patch Screenshot_20200410-213835_Gallery.jpg.0bdc91eae1d861a4c6aa4a028df37f78.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Simon J Emmerson said:

I was thinking it could possibly be the 1/6th TF Batt Patch Screenshot_20200410-213835_Gallery.jpg.0bdc91eae1d861a4c6aa4a028df37f78.jpg

I can’t see well enough to confirm a view I’m afraid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My caveat would be that this appears to be a 1914 image and thus probably far too early for the wearing of battle patches which - albeit not definitvely - tend to be more of a 1916/ 1917 thing.

Cheers,

GT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess you can (probably) rule out the 7th, but after that I can't really make out the patch

cheers

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a shadow to me.  The titles are three tier one's either T5 or T6 you can tell by the the straightness and stiffness of the epaulettes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/06/2022 at 19:57, john gregory said:

Looks like a shadow to me.  The titles are three tier one's either T5 or T6 you can tell by the the straightness and stiffness of the epaulettes. 

I agree - looks like T5 or T6 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...