Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte. Abraham Berstein

Blueblood

Does anyone have a photo of Pte. Abraham Bernstein who served with the 2/10th (Scottish) Bn King's Liverpool Regiment during WW1.

I know there is a book titled 'British Jewry Book of Honour 1914-1918' is there a photo of Abraham Berstein in it and if so how do I get a copy of the photo without buying the book just to get the one photo?

Abraham Bernstein was killed 10/05/1917 and is buried in Erquinghem-Lys Northern France.

Thank you for any help in tracking down a photo of him.

Blueblood (Phil)

Is this the young man that was executed for desertion?

I believe he served as Abe Beverstein?

Is this the young man that was executed for desertion?

I believe he served as Abe Beverstein?

No - two different people. The executed soldier, Abraham Beverstein, was in the Middlesex Regt, and served as Pte. A. Harris. He was executed on 20th March, 1916.

Tom

Incidentally, David Lister in his new book, Die Hard, Aby! records that Abraham Beverstein's name was wrongly recorded and was actually Bevistein.

Edited by Tom Morgan

Hopefully once all the features are working you will be able to see it. If it's urgent, email me and I will send it to you.

No - two different people. The executed soldier, Abraham Beverstein, was in the Middlesex Regt, and served as Pte. A. Harris. He was executed on 20th March, 1916.

OOPS!! :(

Paul,

I know I've already thanked you for the photo but thanks again (on forum this time). I will pass on the photo in June and also to the Liverpool Scottish museum next time I visit it.

Blueblood :)

• 12 years later...