Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MickB

I use FindmyPast and the SWB roll is not searchable by badge number, I wonder if someone with access to Ancestry can perhaps help me out? I am watching on eBay a medal which may have been awarded to my first (3x removed) cousin. 
The lot also contains a Silver War Badge but his records do not show that one was issued to him. There are 3 individuals of the same name on the SWB list but none of them are him!

The badge number is 

C22910

can anyone put a name to this for me please?

Many thanks. 

C7792035-99FE-4AD0-9119-15935C47E824.jpeg

Edited by MickB

good luck.

I recently purchased a trio and SWB to a soldier to the same man... but it wasnt, it was the fathers badge and sons trio. both were awarded trio and badge, both served, both worked in the same mine pre and post war, and also lived in the same house!!  needles to say both the same name.

3 hours ago, hmsk212 said:

It's a Canadian issued badge

Ah! Definitely not my relative then! Is that determined by the ‘C’?

1 hour ago, chaz said:

good luck.

I recently purchased a trio and SWB to a soldier to the same man... but it wasnt, it was the fathers badge and sons trio. both were awarded trio and badge, both served, both worked in the same mine pre and post war, and also lived in the same house!!  needles to say both the same name.

Ah! An easily understandable mix up there I suppose!

1 hour ago, MickB said:

Hmm! I’ll try FindmyPast again using the number only to search the keyword field. Thanks. 

No point most Canadian swbs are not searchable 

You need to hire a researcher to go to Ottawa, to look at the incomplete information for Canadian issued SWBs, which has not been digitised. They were referred to as Class B badges.

3 hours ago, Keith_history_buff said:

You need to hire a researcher to go to Ottawa, to look at the incomplete information for Canadian issued SWBs, which has not been digitised. They were referred to as Class B badges.

4 hours ago, hmsk212 said:

No point most Canadian swbs are not searchable 

Thank-you but now I’m certain it isn’t the same individual’s as the medal, that exceeds my curiosity budget I’m afraid.