Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

7 '09 dated HQ P1907

Mattr82

The auction gods have been smiling in my favour. Got this during the week. 3 HQs in my collection now. Along with the '09 year of manufacture is a '10, '11 and '12 reissue dates. A nice piece of history yet unsure how it's ended up in Australia. 

IMG_20220505_182609.jpg

IMG_20220505_182641.jpg

IMG_20220505_182631~2.jpg

2 hours ago, Mattr82 said:

The auction gods have been smiling in my favour. Got this during the week. 3 HQs in my collection now. Along with the '09 year of manufacture is a '10, '11 and '12 reissue dates. A nice piece of history yet unsure how it's ended up in Australia. 

IMG_20220505_182631~2.jpg

Nice one! There are a load of Sanderson 1909 bayonets with SOS and/or Australian markings out there, so I would guess that is how to come your way. That '09' font is SO distinctive on these. By way of contrast, IIRC 1910 Sanderson's went to NZ.  Double check the pommel on yours though for a scrubbed-out SOS mark - there are indications of what might be one in your second photograph. 

Julian

2 hours ago, trajan said:

Nice one! There are a load of Sanderson 1909 bayonets with SOS and/or Australian markings out there, so I would guess that is how to come your way. That '09' font is SO distinctive on these. By way of contrast, IIRC 1910 Sanderson's went to NZ.  Double check the pommel on yours though for a scrubbed-out SOS mark - there are indications of what might be one in your second photograph. 

Julian

I'll check it again tomorrow. I don't think there's any SoS stamp on it unlike my other 2 HQs. No Australian markings at all. 

On 05/05/2022 at 23:18, trajan said:

Julian

Re the 1910 Sandersons in NZ

I attended a auction at the weekend to purchase a NZ 1910 Sanderson but unfortunately it looked a bit dodgy as in being rehooked, not to bothered missing out as 2 of my NZ hookies are NZ issue 1910 Sandersons

Fwiw i got a 1873 Winchester SRC "trapper" instead