Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

AndrewFrench

During lockdown I was able to download the IX Corps General Staff War Diary for August 1915 on Ancestry through a link with my Local lending library, but which is no longer available due to the ending of restrictions.

I am now analysing the the content with special interest the battle to take Hill 70 and Hill 112 on August 21at 1915

In the diary is a log of messages sent by IX Corps headed "Messages despatched 21/8/15" with the number 159 written in the top RH corner.  The page shows details of messages (1) (2) (3) and the beginning of (4). The next page I have is numbered 161 and starts with message (10)

Does anyone have a copy of page 160 they can send me?

Many thanks

Andrew

The page is missing from the diary on ancestry, I haven’t checked the original National Archives copy and I’m struggling to find a WO 95 reference for it.

Andrew, 

The AWM on line War Diaries for - AWM Class 1,  General Headquarters,

AWM 4 Subclass 1/4 - General Staff, General Headquarters, Mediterranean Force,

AWM 1/4/5 Part 1 - August 1915, 

Page 58 - 9 th Corps mentioned at 0824 hours,

“ “        “               “         “   0850     “

Page 59 - “  “        “               “         “   1627      “

-  “   “      “                “        “    1805      “

Page 60 -  “   “      “                “        “    2134      “.

May hold a clue to the missing signals page. If not there possibly from within the next two August diaries.

Jeff

Dear Jay, Alan, Jeff and Emrezmen,

Huge apologies to all for not responding sooner, but due to unforeseen circumstances I have not found the time to log back on

I am glad to know the missing page is not in the Ancestry file so I did not miss it. I could check on site at the N.A. at Kew, but at the end of the day this is all background and nice to have but not essential to interpret what was going on.

I have been on the AWM site before re Palestine Campaign but hadn't thought of it in this case. I will follow up your suggestions Jeff

Once again many thanks to you all

Andrew