Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SWB lookup…

MarkMcM

So, further my ongoing correspondence with the Howell (BRC&SJJ)/Lockyer(ASC) descendants, and operating under the assumption that Lockyer’s SWB was still kicking around amongst the trinkets and do-dads… amazingly enough, a SWB did in fact turn up.  Only it’s not Lockyer’s number!  This one is 359598.  The thinking is it might be associated with another family veteran, Bruce Hunt.  Although, there was another serving Howell (this one in RE)…  Anyone have a hit on 359598?

25 minutes ago, EDWARD1 said:

It is Robert Howell RE 107973

Aha!!  It was the RE Howell!  Excellent news!  Thanks!

55 minutes ago, MarkMcM said:

So, further my ongoing correspondence with the Howell (BRC&SJJ)/Lockyer(ASC) descendants, and operating under the assumption that Lockyer’s SWB was still kicking around amongst the trinkets and do-dads… amazingly enough, a SWB did in fact turn up.  Only it’s not Lockyer’s number!  This one is 359598.  The thinking is it might be associated with another family veteran, Bruce Hunt.  Although, there was another serving Howell (this one in RE)…  Anyone have a hit on 359598?

Hi MarkMcM, Robert's full service record, Medal index Card, SWB Card and pension index cards are all held on Fold3 which I think you can access on a free week trial should you not have them already.

Edited by Gunner 87