Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rules for Belgium

Chesterboy

• Admin

When I travelled in September there were a lot of people filling in the forms at the tunnel terminals. And people getting out of their cars on the train, despite announcements that you stay in your vehicle, and that the toilets were non operational. 

11 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

When I travelled in September there were a lot of people filling in the forms at the tunnel terminals. And people getting out of their cars on the train, despite announcements that you stay in your vehicle, and that the toilets were non operational. 

As there is no one at all at the Lille border into Belgium, let alone checking any forms, it is a singularly pointless exercise to fill one in. But, no doubt the British bureaucrats will insist on it, just to create a hassle.

No one checked any French form last month, either.

And I have travelled in and out of Belgium on several occasions from elsewhere without any hindrance.

Having just returned from a trip to the Somme, the only form I was required to complete was the French one.  Going through the two border controls at Folkestone took a combined total of about 10 seconds.  Coming back my car was selected by French customs for a trip on their conveyor belt.  At least this time I didn't have to wait for 30 minutes.

It's all very simple really - just go the the government websites, or even simpler still, the Eurotunnel website - they explain exactly what is needed.

8 minutes ago, Don Regiano said:

the Eurotunnel website - they explain exactly what is needed.

Couldn't agree more

George

Well seating comfortable drinking 8.8% Le Fort Triple.  

my feeder coach crew, checked on the way down to Folkestone if you had your passport, covid passes, French certificate of honour.  Few people didn’t have the French certificate.  No worries the staff at Stop 24 will have some.  

in the end, mine was not looked at, only the covid passes were looked and my passport was stamped.  

we were advised that joining our tour coach, the crew will be asking to see the passes and passports, did not happen, also we had one person had there passport but no covid documents.  This was only found out, when we went through the British passport control.  So they did not travel any further.  

no temperature checks before you got onto your feeder coach also nobody wore masks, apart from I and looked a right muppet.   Despite this was mentioned in the joining instructions 

Well, there's no accounting for some people. 

We had to go to the vets today to sort out a potential issue with the animal heath certificates required for our dogs to accompany us on our next visit to the Somme.  We were the only people in there wearing masks.  OK, so they may not be compulsory but the number of infections is increasing fast again.  In walks a youngish guy, coughing and spluttering all over the place, explaining that he had had covid 2 weeks ago but was OK now.  He wasn't wearing a mask so he was sharing it around and about.  Yeah fine.  I bet the others in the vets were pleased to hear that he said he was OK.

48 minutes ago, healdav said:

No one has ever been asked to show their 'On my Honour' form (except by the British). Heaven knows what it is supposed to be for.

I think it's a bit like the notices all over the ferries about 'driving safely in France'. This involves buying one of their kits which includes a breathalyser which no one has ever been asked for, and no one knows why it would be asked for (even the Gendarmerie).

You can hardly blame "the British" for checking that someone is complying with rules set by the French to enable people to enter France, before they travel. If the latter aren't interested that's their affair, and perhaps says something about them. 

• GWF TEAM locked this topic