RICHARD1959

RFC - Royal Flying Corps.

DF213133-88EE-4E89-87A7-FC7397FC5AA1.jpeg

EB378683-42C6-4719-9C64-53E0AB63A9C7.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

25 minutes ago, RICHARD1959 said:

350085462_rfcback.jpg.16b3e6efee0d237b41ceb8c17991a2d9.jpg

are these all allied flags?

For 1914-18 yes, but seemingly from before the USA entered the war unless that’s it at bottom right adjacent to Japan.  The others are Britain and its Dominions and Colonies, France and it’s Colonies, Belgium, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro and Japan.

Edited by FROGSMILE

The flag reflecting the Russian flag, is that of Italy in 1914. - A red white & green tricolor, with a crest in the white section, consisting of a white cross on red background, surmounted by a crown.

italy.png

11 hours ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

The flag reflecting the Russian flag, is that of Italy in 1914. - A red white & green tricolor, with a crest in the white section, consisting of a white cross on red background, surmounted by a crown.

italy.png

Well spotted Dai.

Edited by FROGSMILE

15 minutes ago, FROGSMILE said:

Well spotted Dai.

Thanks FS, but what I initially thought was the Russian flag opposite it (below the Union Jack) - red, blue white horizontal bars, is in fact the Serbian flag. The flag of our Russian friends was, and is once more, white, blue and red bars. I can't actually see that one, unless it is the one directly below Italy?

There were lots of items availabe at this time demonstrating the unity of the Allies:

Russia top right, Serbia bottom left.

flags.jpg

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

6 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

Thanks FS, but what I initially thought was the Russian flag opposite it (below the Union Jack) - red, blue white horizontal bars, is in fact the Serbian flag. The flag of our Russian friends was, and is once more, white, blue and red bars. I can't actually see that one, unless it is the one directly below Italy?

There were lots of items availabe at this time demonstrating the unity of the Allies:

Russia top right, Serbia bottom left.

flags.jpg

I saw it as the flag directly above Japan, Dai.

Yes, I did too, but that one is Serbia, which is like the Russian flag upside down.

Perhaps the Union Jack is also upside down?:o

1 hour ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

Yes, I did too, but that one is Serbia, which is like the Russian flag upside down.

Perhaps the Union Jack is also upside down?:o

SOS!