Jump to content
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

can anyone identify this soldiers unit


RICHARD1959
 Share

Recommended Posts

RFC - Royal Flying Corps.

DF213133-88EE-4E89-87A7-FC7397FC5AA1.jpeg

EB378683-42C6-4719-9C64-53E0AB63A9C7.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RICHARD1959 said:

350085462_rfcback.jpg.16b3e6efee0d237b41ceb8c17991a2d9.jpg

are these all allied flags?

For 1914-18 yes, but seemingly from before the USA entered the war unless that’s it at bottom right adjacent to Japan.  The others are Britain and its Dominions and Colonies, France and it’s Colonies, Belgium, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro and Japan.

Edited by FROGSMILE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The flag reflecting the Russian flag, is that of Italy in 1914. - A red white & green tricolor, with a crest in the white section, consisting of a white cross on red background, surmounted by a crown.

italy.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

The flag reflecting the Russian flag, is that of Italy in 1914. - A red white & green tricolor, with a crest in the white section, consisting of a white cross on red background, surmounted by a crown.

italy.png

Well spotted Dai.

Edited by FROGSMILE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FROGSMILE said:

Well spotted Dai.

Thanks FS, but what I initially thought was the Russian flag opposite it (below the Union Jack) - red, blue white horizontal bars, is in fact the Serbian flag. The flag of our Russian friends was, and is once more, white, blue and red bars. I can't actually see that one, unless it is the one directly below Italy?

There were lots of items availabe at this time demonstrating the unity of the Allies:

Russia top right, Serbia bottom left.

 

 

flags.jpg

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

Thanks FS, but what I initially thought was the Russian flag opposite it (below the Union Jack) - red, blue white horizontal bars, is in fact the Serbian flag. The flag of our Russian friends was, and is once more, white, blue and red bars. I can't actually see that one, unless it is the one directly below Italy?

There were lots of items availabe at this time demonstrating the unity of the Allies:

Russia top right, Serbia bottom left.

 

 

flags.jpg

I saw it as the flag directly above Japan, Dai.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I did too, but that one is Serbia, which is like the Russian flag upside down.

Perhaps the Union Jack is also upside down?:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

Yes, I did too, but that one is Serbia, which is like the Russian flag upside down.

Perhaps the Union Jack is also upside down?:o

SOS! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...