The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kindly identify uniform

SimonRN

Looks like Canadian collar dogs, with a likelihood of it being the 90th Winnipeg Rifles 

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. The collar badges suggest Canadian, but the cap badge is so blurry, I can’t help. Is this the best quality photo  available? 

Yes he’s a Canadian infantryman wearing the Canadian pattern service dress jacket with its low standing collar and 7-button front.  The insignia is for the 90th Winnipeg Rifles as mentioned.

BB323BBE-D8BE-4071-AB0C-6FA316BEE8EE.jpeg

754FF472-E7EF-4D75-98C5-BE01C2D4F3A6.jpeg

AC3BB703-D65A-4789-915C-A5C05F69E162.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

Thank you all for replying and identifying this family photo. My wife has been researching family history for some years and this has really helped her with ongoing research. Thank you so much.

12 hours ago, SimonRN said:

Thank you all for replying and identifying this family photo. My wife has been researching family history for some years and this has really helped her with ongoing research.

If you have a name you are lucky that Canadian service records are generally well documented at Library and Archives Canada [unlike most British ones which were bombed and burnt in WW2]

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/personnel-records/Pages/personnel-records.aspx 

M