Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

A nice story from the St Patricks day

museumtom

Lazing on the couch this afternoon looking at the Dublin parade on RTE TV here in Tipperary the following took my notice;

The USA band were marching down O’Connel l Street with a woman leading the band holding the reins of a white horse. The commentator stopped and talked to the band leader as the band continued their march outside the GPO. “Tell me about the band” he said. The band leader said it was the first time he ever seen the band marching as he was always in front…….”but”……he said………….”take a look at the marchers as they pass the GPO.there is not a dry eye among them”. “Why” said the commentator (RTE commentator).

“The man who formed this band in the USA died in 1999 and his wish was to lead his band down O’Connel Street in the St Patricks day parade and if you look closely you will see his ashes falling from the saddle bags”.

This is not an urban legend. It happened today, live on RTE Television.

I know you will appreciate this.

Regards.

Tom

• 1 month later...
Lazing on the couch this afternoon looking at the Dublin parade on RTE TV here in Tipperary the following took my notice;

The USA band were marching down O’Connel l Street with a woman leading the band holding the reins of a white horse. The commentator stopped and talked to the band leader as the band continued their march outside the GPO. “Tell me about the band” he said. The band leader said it was the first time he ever seen the band marching as he was always in front…….”but”……he said………….”take a look at the marchers as they pass the GPO.there is not a dry eye among them”. “Why” said the commentator (RTE commentator).

“The man who formed this band in the USA died in 1999 and his wish was to lead his band down O’Connel Street in the St Patricks day parade and if you look closely you will see his ashes falling from the saddle bags”.

This is not an urban legend. It happened today, live on RTE Television.

I know you will appreciate this.

Regards.

Tom

nice report Tom, O'Connell Street is a great place to be on St Patricks Dat

Patrick