Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Gallipoli Association / Essex Regt Museum Conference at Chelmsford

Krithia

If anyone interested in Gallipoli is free on Saturday 5th March, book yourself on the Chelmsford / Essex Regiment Museumn hosted Gallipoli Conference, in association with the Gallipoli Association.

see: https://www.gallipoli-association.org/events/regional-conference-2022/

Gallipoli Association Third Regional Conference at Chelmsford

Our third regional conference will be held at Chelmsford City Museum, an excellent museum which also houses the Essex Regiment collection. We have capped attendance at 50 so early registration is advised.

Saturday 5th March 2022

9.15 Registration (tea and coffee on arrival)
10.00 Peter Hart: Rupert Brooke and the Glitterati of Gallipoli
11.15 Stephen Chambers: The Killing Fields: The Battle of Krithia
12.30 Lunch (not provided)
1.30 Dr. Martin Purdy: Contested Legacies and the Gallipoli Oak
2.45 Clive Harris: The Essex Regiment at Gallipoli
4.00 An opportunity to tour the Museum and view the collection of the Essex Regiment
5.00 Close

Cost

The cost is £25 payable in advance.

Please pay by BACS in the first instance to: Gallipoli Association, Nat. Westminster Bank, Sort Code 600702 Account 03725421
Or by PayPal to paypal@gallipoli-association.org
Or post a cheque to: Hester Huttenbach, 24, Norcutt Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW2 6SR

Venue

Chelmsford Museum and Essex Regiment Museum
Mousham Street, Oaklands Park, CM2 9AQ

Chelmsford Railway Station is approximately a 30 minute walk with direct links from Liverpool Street Station, Braintree, Clacton on Sea, Colchester, Harwich, Norwich and Witham. Buses 32, 46 and 351 run from outside the Station and take 10 minutes to the New London Road bus stop, opposite the Rising Sun Pub, from where there is a 5 minute walk to Oaklands Park.

The nearest car park is Mousham Street Car Park which can be booked online for approximately £5.00 per day. Then a short walk. Oakland Park itself, only has a 2 hour maximum stay, although we understand that you can park for free on nearby streets, observing any yellow line restrictions.

Lunch is not provided: The Museum has an excellent cafe with a wide choice of sandwiches and light lunches. There are a number of external venues to eat close by. A room will be available for those who wish to bring their own lunch. If the weather is reasonable, Oakland Park is a very pleasant place for a picnic.

Bookings

Email events@gallipoli-association.org for a place

• 2 months later...

7th Staffs Regiment was at Gallipoli  and my grandad , Bertie Henry Crick   ( 9362 ) was also there too.  He was evacuated to the Greek Islands and the Egypt before being sent to Ypres,  in the trenches and is buried at St Jan CWG N02 cemetery .He was killed in action just 27 promoted to Corporal

I never new him , not even a photo of him but admire his courage and without him I would not be here.

Lest we forget

Mark R Cooper

(the one still standing in the photo)

PS. If anyone could find me a photo of him  I would be very grateful indeed

P1060475.JPG