Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ministry of Munitions

Simon Warren

Just now, Simon Warren said:

Thank you everyone for all your help . This is amazing . 

I hope you find his three medals one day. 

9 minutes ago, Simon Warren said:

Me too in Folkestone:) Thanks again Simon 

Not far from where I completed 2-years boy service at Shorncliffe then.  Happy days marching past in slow and quick time on the cliff top battalion square, as sea winds attempted to blow our forage caps off (defeated by chinstraps down).

DF29496B-E124-4A51-9F27-F81B62C2925A.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

Here is a link to keep you amused for a while Simon.

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/results/reports/76-2015

It is a report by Historic England on Ministry of Munitions sites during the First World War.  As you can see it was a large and complex organisation but sadly I can't see a site close to Ramsgate at which Henry may have worked after his discharge form the Army.

25 minutes ago, Bordercollie said:

It is 3rd New Zealand Field Ambulance.

Thanks for clarifying Field Ambulance - it was actually my first stab but without the full record I felt I had to offer up Field Artillery too.

M

1 minute ago, Matlock1418 said:

Thanks for clarifying Field Ambulance - it was actually my first stab but without the full record I felt I had to offer up Field Artillery too.

M

You were quite right to consider both, it could have been either and the ministry of munitions reference and discussion inevitably played a part in the considerations too.

1 hour ago, Matlock1418 said:

M

Yes you needed to mention both based on the initials in the statement of services. Fortunately the casualty form - active service gave the unit title in full but I would have been pushing the boundaries of fair dealing I think by posting that here as well as the statement of services 

Edited by Bordercollie