Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Military Police

bigalni

I now hold most published references to the Royal Military Police which also relate to the CMP, the MMP and the MFP.

They contain quite a bit of info relating to MID awards,DCms,MMs etc aswell as details of commitments in various theatres of war .

I also have a large number of Corps Journals...by no means a full run but they are a great source for promotions,marriages,awards etc.

Im happy to have a look for anything of use to forum members.

Alan

• 1 year later...
I now hold most published references to the Royal Military Police which also relate to the CMP, the MMP and the MFP.

They contain quite a bit of info relating to MID awards,DCms,MMs etc aswell as details of commitments in various theatres of war .

I also have a large number of Corps Journals...by no means a full run but they are a great source for promotions,marriages,awards etc.

Im happy to have a look for anything of use to forum members.

Alan

Greetings Alan ..

I Note with great interest your reference to the MMP .

My father was with the MMP - Reg # P8145 from 1917- 1919 . One of the questions that I have is

what Unit or Regiment did he be long to ? Or how was the MMP commited to the Field.?

Could you please enllighten me as to the formations etc if you have this information?

Thanking you

Regards

David Smith

Hello

Ive tried the MIC on line but this page is unavailable at the moment

Greetings ..

I have been to the MIC and note the following ..

Corp - MMP

Reg # P/8145

Lance Corporal

WO 372/18

Discharge papers Notes ..

Reference Police /8145/ 164 ??

Enlisted - Dec 1915

Discharge - March 1920

Service with colors - 26-2-17 to 15-11-19

Any Ideas as to where he was ???

Would the reference too . 164 mean he was with 164 th Brg.??

Part of the 55th Lancashire ????

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

David

• 2 months later...

Hi Alan

Any information you have on a Patrick Driscoll (temp transferred from Irish Guards) to the MFP - 1917 until 1919 - would be very much appreciated.

I know lots about his Irish Guards service, but know absolutely nothing about his MFP service. His guards records simply state 'transferred to MFP in July 1917 at Havre'. He had been wounded at the Somme in 1916.

Thanks

Brian

Alan, Thankyou for your kind offer. Anything about P/7989 L/Cpl James Robert WRIGHT Military Police Corps. I believe he was MMP and died 17/12/18 of fever on board ship in Alexandra, Egypt. I would be grateful for any further info you may have.

Lionboxer

• 1 month later...

Hi,

regarding CMP, do you have records for WW2 and 1946/47 as my father was in the CMP from 1943 until 1946 and with the "Z" Reserve for some time after?

Regards,

Norman