Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I am looking for photos of British troops in the asiago plateau ww1

Flavio

hello everyone .. I don't know if any of you guys can help me. I was looking photos of troops, soldiers, officers, equipment, positions, barracks etc etc that had as subjects the English army stationed in the Asiago plateau in 1917/1918. For my own purpose ....perhaps some of your family members who were present in Asiago at that time. Thank you if anyone can possibly be of help.
sorry for the translation of Goggle

Edited by Flavio

Try the Imperial War Museum photo collection - this link will take you to results for a search of "asiago" which seemed to have some.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/search?query=Asiago&filters[webCategory][Photographs]=on&pageSize=&media-records=records-with-media

Flavio,

There is a book published in the Battleground Europe series called Asiago, by Francis Mackay. Available from Pen and Sword Books.

This has quite a lot about the British involvement in the Battles of the Woods, and of the Clouds.

Regards

Geoff

On 2/10/2022 at 11:43 PM, pierssc said:

Try the Imperial War Museum photo collection - this link will take you to results for a search of "asiago" which seemed to have some.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/search?query=Asiago&filters[webCategory][Photographs]=on&pageSize=&media-records=records-with-media

Thank you very much for the indication and sorry for the delay in my reply ... I had already seen the photos on the IWM website.
they are really beautiful and I had already appreciated them

On 2/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, sdparker said:

Flavio,

There is a book published in the Battleground Europe series called Asiago, by Francis Mackay. Available from Pen and Sword Books.

This has quite a lot about the British involvement in the Battles of the Woods, and of the Clouds.

Regards

Geoff

thank you very much also for your precious intervention and you too are sorry for the delay in my reply.
I had come across this publication some time ago that I have never viewed, now I have requested it and I am waiting for it

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 11:36 AM, Flavio said:

thank you very much also for your precious intervention and you too are sorry for the delay in my reply.
I had come across this publication some time ago that I have never viewed, now I have requested it and I am waiting for it

thanks dear for the advice ... I saw the video on youtube that reviewed this book .. very, very nice even if it has a high cost, but from what I see the price is justified

Not much manys of the topics you want in the Asiago book. Loads of maps, current (modern, 1998) views, etc. But photo's of British troops? A quick count gave me 7.