Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frev, Married soldiers

stevenbecker

173 Edward Meyer De Jong, Headquarters Company of 10th Battalion. Married March 1916 in Hull. Discharged April 1917

5 hours ago, tankengine888 said:

173 Edward Meyer De Jong, Headquarters Company of 10th Battalion. Married March 1916 in Hull. Discharged April 1917

Another new one thank you :thumbsup:

Cheers, Frev

At this point, my minor project of the 10th Battalion is helping ahaha!

694 Wilfred Samuel Gaskell, 10th Battalion. Married in Dorset 1916 to Daisy Maidment

On 12/08/2022 at 18:53, tankengine888 said:

At this point, my minor project of the 10th Battalion is helping ahaha!

694 Wilfred Samuel Gaskell, 10th Battalion. Married in Dorset 1916 to Daisy Maidment

It certainly is thank you - although it doesn't sound 'minor'!

This is another new one ta...

Cheers, Frev

10 minutes ago, frev said:

It certainly is thank you - although it doesn't sound 'minor'!

This is another new one ta...

Cheers, Frev

It certainly isn't minor with 7 companies photographed and around 9 reinforcement photographs... 

I'm nearing dismissal time at school, so I found time to find

Nurse Henrietta Eyre Maunsell Blake.. probably already on there. The barrel of luck is running dry ..

Link to my project: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hwRioui6265xZHXHE-jDBKKBdvGO3KOLzgvEK1vLlV8/edit?usp=drivesdk

Must be off,

Tank

Edited by tankengine888

Lieutenant Maurice Francis BURKE

11 Sydney Robert ADAMS

724 John Cohn Campbell HAYES

1090 Harold Bertie SHURVEN

I need to go back to doing school work, I hope one of them is new.

tank

I am at school and lost my interest in science so I decided to find another bloke.

Edward Samuel MILES DSO

tank.

Welp, I had no school, so

3075 Henry James CAPP
6410 Harold Everson CUMMINGS
238 Harold Francis MURRAY
57895 Frederick NUNN
1747 George OSBOURNE MM+Bar, MiD
14 Edmond Clifford BANKS [Commissioned later]

Tank.

That's good to hear that I'm getting a bit more here and there.

6114 Frank Courtland FOSTER, MSM

Nurse Elizabeth Frances O'HANLON

2555 Stanley Harry BAWDEN

11 Sydney Robert ADAMS

5034 Thomas Edward BALDWIN

7222 Sidney George COURT

Australian Soldier’s Wedding at Exeter

The wedding of Private Sidney George Court, of the Australian Expeditionary Force, eldest son Mr. and Mrs. G. Court Bonhay-road, Exeter, and Miss Kate Annie Bartlett, daughter of the late Mr. Bartlett and Mrs. Bartlett. of Park-street. Yeovil, took place at St. David's Church, Exeter. Rev. T. Bell-Salter. vicar, officiated at the ceremony. The bride has been for five years a member of the staff at the West of England Institution for the Blind, where much interest was taken in the marriage The esteemed Superintendent the Institution, Mr. J. A. Pinn gave away the bride, who wore a cream costume and heliotrope hat. She had a bouquet of lovely roses from Mr and Mrs. Pinn's garden. Miss Bessie Shilston, wearing a white dress and pale blue silk coat and hat to match, and little Miss Nellie Rowlings (niece of the bridegroom), in white frock and hat were bridesmaids.
A number of the pupils of the West of England Institution were Present in the church. The bride was the recipient of many useful and handsome wedding presents from the Superintendent and Mrs. Pinn, the teaching and domestic staffs, and patients.
Western Times - Friday 15 June 1917

http://www.exetermemories.co.uk/em/_events/1917-this-week.php

JP

On 02/09/2022 at 19:36, helpjpl said:

7222 Sidney George COURT

Australian Soldier’s Wedding at Exeter

The wedding of Private Sidney George Court, of the Australian Expeditionary Force, eldest son Mr. and Mrs. G. Court Bonhay-road, Exeter, and Miss Kate Annie Bartlett, daughter of the late Mr. Bartlett and Mrs. Bartlett. of Park-street. Yeovil, took place at St. David's Church, Exeter. Rev. T. Bell-Salter. vicar, officiated at the ceremony. The bride has been for five years a member of the staff at the West of England Institution for the Blind, where much interest was taken in the marriage The esteemed Superintendent the Institution, Mr. J. A. Pinn gave away the bride, who wore a cream costume and heliotrope hat. She had a bouquet of lovely roses from Mr and Mrs. Pinn's garden. Miss Bessie Shilston, wearing a white dress and pale blue silk coat and hat to match, and little Miss Nellie Rowlings (niece of the bridegroom), in white frock and hat were bridesmaids.
A number of the pupils of the West of England Institution were Present in the church. The bride was the recipient of many useful and handsome wedding presents from the Superintendent and Mrs. Pinn, the teaching and domestic staffs, and patients.
Western Times - Friday 15 June 1917

http://www.exetermemories.co.uk/em/_events/1917-this-week.php

JP

I do have this one JP - but thanks for sharing

Cheers, Frev

• 2 weeks later...

Frev,

Another strange one for you, that maybe not what your after?

McCULLOUGH    Alfred    3484    A/Cpl    01 LHR    30R to Reinf camp 12-17 revert to 1 LHTR 3-18 tos (RHQ?) 4-18 att Anzac MD HQ 5-18 to MT Dvr AASC MT rtn Anzac MD HQ 9-18 (17 IR CMF 3 years later WWII Sgt 15Bn VDC (N380173) AKA Alfred Alexander McCullough

His WWII enlistment forms show he married Ivy 15 Jun 1919

But his WWI forms show RTA 26 July 1919

So when did he marry and where?

I was thinking his WWII form is incorrect, as there appears no record he married in Egpyt, but records for this in Egypt are very bad?

For your special touch.

S.B

On 19/09/2022 at 07:46, stevenbecker said:

Frev,

Another strange one for you, that maybe not what your after?

McCULLOUGH    Alfred    3484    A/Cpl    01 LHR    30R to Reinf camp 12-17 revert to 1 LHTR 3-18 tos (RHQ?) 4-18 att Anzac MD HQ 5-18 to MT Dvr AASC MT rtn Anzac MD HQ 9-18 (17 IR CMF 3 years later WWII Sgt 15Bn VDC (N380173) AKA Alfred Alexander McCullough

His WWII enlistment forms show he married Ivy 15 Jun 1919

But his WWI forms show RTA 26 July 1919

So when did he marry and where?

I was thinking his WWII form is incorrect, as there appears no record he married in Egpyt, but records for this in Egypt are very bad?

For your special touch.

S.B

Hi Steve

Yep, his WW2 form is incorrect - seems he had a little trouble remembering the date of his marriage to Ivy!  They actually married in Manly, NSW on the 17/1/1920.

Cheers, Frev

Mates,

Another I found strange one, but again one of those who find their old wife after the event.

WIGELSWORTH    Roy Parkin    3673    Pte    10 LHR    33R to Reinf camp 4-18 to MG Trg Sqn 5-18 tos 3 LH MGS 7-18 to hosp (dysentry) 10-18 died dysentery on "HS Assaye" during move from hosp at Hafia to Egypt buried at sea by Maj Walcot RAMC NKG listed on Chatby Memorial Egypt stated not married but had married Ethel Watts in Brighton UK 7-1-13

S.B

Possibly 814 Robert Woodall BARKER

1354 John HAWKES

2118 Joseph William Ernest BINKS

2756 Robert James TARLINGTON (Married in Nov 1918 apparently under the surname Adams)

1987 Richard KENYON

3451 Samuel Michael DALE

1641/1529 James Henry BAILEY

1818 Oliver SIBBICK

William James FOSTER CB, CMG, DSO, MID

That's all,

Tank.

edit:

139 Laurence LOCKWOOD (KIA)

1402 Harry McKenzie ADAMS

3292 Arthur James CLAYDEN (DOW)

5043 Harold Verney CAMERON

Edited by tankengine888

i haven't been busy actually.. i gathered that in 15 minutes!

2179 Louis RUWOLDT
49 Harry DALE
2939(A) John William PASCOE
4357 Noel Calvin Lawrence BEATON
2567 Arthur ALDOUS
5345 George Alfred CHURCHER
51 Alfred Thomas FOWKE
6519 Alwin Stewart HENDERSON
3069 William BRADLEY

2021 Alfred Ernest Morris

Edited by tankengine888

I've been struck down with Covid-19 the past couple of days, so I was able to find some more.
3631 William HAYES

2556 Charles Edward ADAMS

2557 Claude Harris ADAMS

4952 George Henry Harold FOSTER

431 Alexander Henry SELLARS

3087 John Aird Lawrie

1084 James Douglas MUNRO

1402 Harrie McKenzie ADAMS

Tank.

2 hours ago, tankengine888 said:

I've been struck down with Covid-19 the past couple of days, so I was able to find some more.

Sorry to hear that Tank - hope it hasn't hit you too hard - and that you're feeling better soon.  Seems we're both in the wars, as I've broken my wrist!

Thank you once again for spending time looking for married O/S soldiers.

From the list above: I have the 3 ADAMS boys, but the rest are new, ta.

Cheers, Frev