Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Regimental History IR 133

charlie2

Has anyone the 1969 history of IR133 by Johannes Niemann? I‘m interested in the actions of the regiment during the period 20th August - 2nd September 1917. 

Charlie

3 hours ago, AOK4 said:

I have it ...

Hello Jan

Thanks for responding. I‘m researching a British soldier who was taken prisoner sometime between the 20th August and 2nd September 1917. His service record states the 20th and the ICRC the 26th August, the 19th Bn Manchester Regt war diary doesn‘t record any casualties for these dates. An unsuccessful raid was carried out on the 26th by IR179 but their history doesn‘t record any prisoners. Did IR133 carry out any raids on these two dates?

I suspect that both these dates could be wrong and that he was captured during a successful raid by IR133 carried out according to the British sources on the 30/31st August or on 1st September according to the German sources. Could you post a scan of the relevant page for 1st September action please.

Charlie

Many thanks Jan. I had hoped that there would be a bit more information in the Regimental history than in Pal Bierast‘s book „Von Armentières nach Langemark“ - sadly not.

Charlie