Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

visiting now

PaulTudge1916

Can anybody tell me what things are like for visiting the Somme now ?

Covid restrictions ? Are things generally open, ie shops restaurants bars ?

Are there much by way of restrictions and paperwork checks etc ?

PT

I was on the Somme about 3 weeks ago and will be returning shortly.  Shops are open and I understand bars and other events are happening BUT you need a pass sanitaire.  Basically, if you download the TousAntiCovid app to your phone, you can enter the details of your vaccinations using their QR codes.  This will satisfy the requirements for the pass sanitaire and you can show the details on your phone to gain access to events etc.  Depending on your age and date of travel, you may also need to demonstrate you have had the booster injection.  Check out the French government's website for more information (there are links via the Eurotunnel website.)

23 hours ago, Don Regiano said:

... BUT you need a pass sanitaire.  Basically, if you download the TousAntiCovid app to your phone, you can enter the details of your vaccinations using their QR codes.  ...

Thanks for that. Does this mean that the NHS app on the mobile phone showing vaccines 1 + 2 + booster just needs to be shown ?

PT

57 minutes ago, PaulTudge1916 said:

Thanks for that. Does this mean that the NHS app on the mobile phone showing vaccines 1 + 2 + booster just needs to be shown ?

PT

The TousAntiCovid app has a facility to use your phone to import the QR codes of your vaccines into the app.  I actually had paper versions of my records downloaded from the NHS app (as I like to have paper versions available for showing at the border if necessary).   The TousAntiCovid app  has a facility to "add a certificate" which it uses to import the codes into it thus giving you a functioning pass sanitaire which you just show to French authorities or event managers when they ask for your pass.  (I haven't done it yet for the booster).  Having said that, as I haven't been to any bars or events since the pass was introduced, I haven't had to use it but I know from others' experiences that it has worked fine.  It's always useful to have it available.  It is not necessary for "normal" shopping - you just have to wear a mask when visiting supermarkets etc.

17 hours ago, Don Regiano said:

The TousAntiCovid app has a facility to use your phone to import the QR codes of your vaccines into the app.  

Thanks. What does one do if one is of an age where that reads like "Var do zab covid narg borg secret code vardum woomba boombaloomba" ?

I have a  NHS app on the mobile phone showing vaccines 1 + 2 + booster. That seems to be perfectly valid here. Are you saying that the French wont accept that as valid?

PT

Edited by kenf48
offensive

Things are changing rapidly here and more and more restrictions are anounced, you may have to keep an eye on the local news to stay up to date.

I believe that a lot of the apps are compatible. I think I read somewhere that the British app is compatible with the main European apps.

I was at Cambrai last weekend and the French TousAntiCovid app worked perfectly once you'd scanned in British vaccination certificates. As you say, it was refreshing and perhaps surprising to see everything working in such a joined-up way. In fact the biggest hassle was completing the UK passenger locator form, which had to be done less than 48 hours before return. Although I only went for three days, this meant I had to do the whole thing on my mobile phone in the hotel bedroom which pushed my technical capabilities (and patience) to the limits.

Despite that, the trip was well worthwhile, and to illustrate the point, here's the Crater at La Boisselle as I've never seen it before - completely deserted!

John

IMG_1814.jpg

2 hours ago, mills-bomb said:

And with todays news . . . .

. . . .. . . . . . . . . .back to square 1?

Perhaps. How much worse can it get. How much longer can it go on for ?

PT

On 26/11/2021 at 11:51, johntaylor said:

I was at Cambrai last weekend and the French TousAntiCovid app worked perfectly once you'd scanned in British vaccination certificates. As you say, it was refreshing and perhaps surprising to see everything working in such a joined-up way. In fact the biggest hassle was completing the UK passenger locator form, which had to be done less than 48 hours before return. Although I only went for three days, this meant I had to do the whole thing on my mobile phone in the hotel bedroom which pushed my technical capabilities (and patience) to the limits.

Despite that, the trip was well worthwhile, and to illustrate the point, here's the Crater at La Boisselle as I've never seen it before - completely deserted!

John

IMG_1814.jpg

John

What a fabulous photo, so utterly different to any other I have seen.

Best wishes

John