Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Driving in France

KIRKY

Chaz. 

Nothing at the moment. 

I had an email from a civil servant sending me an advanced copy of a press release by the committee looking into the movement of animals.  Of course, they are mainly concerned with large scale/commercial activities and illegal movement of animals.  There was nothing in it about passports for domestic pets' movement.  I gather the petition about it achieved the required threshold for it to be considered by parliament but, again, nothing further.  The dog forum of which SWMBO is a member continues to report horror stories from people who have been taking their dogs abroad.  It is usually about the animal certificates being completed incorrectly by vets and the huge prices some of them are charging for completing them (and presumably returning the money when it's been completed incorrectly.  I know our vet and his colleagues are very unhappy at having to do certificates.

As a result, I'm still on solo journeys to the somme; SWMBO stays at home with the dogs.

Reg

thanks Reg, the paperwork is a worry as they dont fully know what to do , despite knowing what to charge bearing in mind , nothing was needed before.

23 hours ago, AOK4 said:

My understanding (very short) was that "UK" wasn't allowed in the EU because of Irish sensitivities (Northern Ireland basically being a part of the UK, but not of GB). After Brexit, UK is basically the correct name, thus with Ireland not being able to object any more, the sticker was changed.

Correct me if I understood it wrongly.

When I lived in Gibraltar as a child and went frequently to Spain, all British cars had GB on the back. Nothing to do with the EU. Everything to do with the worldwide agreement on country abbreviations. Hence, GB, GBG, GBJ, GBM, GBZ, etc.

2 hours ago, healdav said:

When I lived in Gibraltar as a child and went frequently to Spain, all British cars had GB on the back. Nothing to do with the EU. Everything to do with the worldwide agreement on country abbreviations. Hence, GB, GBG, GBJ, GBM, GBZ, etc.

I agree with everything you have said.

Despite the UK choosing to change its international registration code from GB, the codes for the crown dependencies and overseas territories have remained unchanged - I think the UK is responsible for their international relations including international motor registration codes? That is even more strange, considering that the dependencies and territories are those of the United Kingdom, not of Great Britain.

They need tidying up.