Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Russia's Iron General: The Life of Aleksei A. Brusilov, 1853–1926

Brusilov

Have anyone read this new book "Russia's Iron General: The Life of Aleksei A. Brusilov, 1853–1926"?

This book is a bit expensive, it seems to be a good one. It is hard to find information about Russian generals in WW1 like Rennenkampf, Ivanov, Samsonov, etc. This book should fill the gap of knowledge of Western audience.

My local library has not acquired this book yet, so I will have to wait.

Hello, @Brusilov!

do you understand  Russian? If yes, there are a lot information in Russian books and Russian internet...

In recent years, interest in studying the Great War has been growing very strongly.

We have some interesting deep researches.

1 minute ago, Mikhail said:

Hello, @Brusilov!

do you understand  Russian? If yes, there are a lot information in Russian books and Russian internet...

In recent years, interest in studying the Great War has been growing very strongly.

We have some interesting deep researches.

I have been learning Russian by myself for 5 years.

I would say I could read intermediate Russian texts. I have some books in Russian about the first World War. I am very interested in the Russian front, both in World War I and World War II.

I am collecting Russian materials to post on my blog in a series of post of "official histories of major participants in WW1". Luckily, almost all books about World War I that I know has been digitalized. This is a wonderful news.

https://greatmodernmilitaryhistory.blogspot.com/

Currently, my interest is in the Gorlice-Tarnow campaign and the Northern operation of the Russian army during the Brusilov offensive. Most books focused on the Southern front near the Carpathian range, but I am interested in what was happening in the Northern front when general Evert failed to penetrate the German defensive system.

Please keep in contact, it seems kind of rare to encounter a Russian member on this forum.