Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Belfast , Antrim WW1 Roll Of honour Book

RogHERO

Hey Guys. I have a book on WW1 participants from Co. Cavan. Just wondering would anyone have a Belfast or a Co. Antrim version of this book. ?. 

20210917_151739.jpg

20210917_151754.jpg

PS... if anyone requires a name from this book book , feel free to ask.

Regards,

Roger

Hi Roger

I have a copy of "Journey of Remembering - Belfast Book of Honour" published in 2009 if you are looking something looked up.

Regards Tommy

"Not Forgotten"

3 minutes ago, tommy mcclimonds said:

Hi Roger

I have a copy of "Journey of Remembering - Belfast Book of Honour" published in 2009 if you are looking something looked up.

Regards Tommy

"Not Forgotten"

Heh Tommy. The man I'm researching is Daniel Moore 

7 Royal irish rifles. He is mentioned in both the Belfast telegraph and the Northern Whig newspapers as a local man from the area. Could you possibly look if he is mentioned in this book. 

Hes 2684 Pte Daniel Moore 7Royal Irish Rifles. 

Regards , Roger 

24 minutes ago, RogHERO said:

Heh Tommy. The man I'm researching is Daniel Moore 

7 Royal irish rifles. He is mentioned in both the Belfast telegraph and the Northern Whig newspapers as a local man from the area. Could you possibly look if he is mentioned in this book. 

Hes 2684 Pte Daniel Moore 7Royal Irish Rifles. 

Regards , Roger 

Here is the northern whig paper from 25 may 1917 saying Daniel Moore won a medal. And that he is a county or city recipient.

20210918_224021.jpg

20210918_223916.jpg

Hi Roger

This book only lists those soldiers who died. Daniel Moore survived the war and was discharged 03/03/19 to Class Z. According to his 14/15 Star and BWM & VM rolls he served with 7th & 1st Royal Irish Rifles. There are also 3 pension cards on Fold 3 (Ancestry), one of which gives his address as Soldiers Club, College Green Dublin. Hope this information is useful.

Regards Tommy. 

17 minutes ago, tommy mcclimonds said:

Daniel Moore survived the war and was discharged 03/03/19 to Class Z. According to his 14/15 Star and BWM & VM rolls he served with 7th & 1st Royal Irish Rifles. There are also 3 pension cards on Fold 3 (Ancestry), one of which gives his address as Soldiers Club, College Green Dublin. Hope this information is useful.

Just to avoid possible duplication - OP has another thread on Daniel MOORE 

:-) M

Thanks Matlock, would have been nice to know up front about the other thread!!