Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A.A. Milne and the Royal Signals

seaJane

Thank you seaJane for this post which I found very interesting.

I have to admit that I only saw Disney's take on 'Pooh', but now I have a small grandson who, I hope, will allow me to read the works of this man to him some evenings.

Thanks again

Edited by maxi
Poor punctuation AGAIN!

3 hours ago, seaJane said:

thought it might be of interest.

Really interesting and thanks for posting.  I knew he served but the description of laying signal line under fire was very interesting.

18 hours ago, maxi said:

now I have a small grandson who, I hope, will allow me to read the works of this man to him some evenings.

Excellent stuff! The books are wonderful for reading aloud, especially if you feel up to doing the voices. It wasn't until I heard Alan Bennett reading them that it struck me that Roo and Kanga would have Australian accents :P.

17 hours ago, WhiteStarLine said:

Really interesting and thanks for posting.  I knew he served but the description of laying signal line under fire was very interesting.

Glad you enjoyed it. I discovered this a few years ago and really like it: https://net.lib.byu.edu/english/wwi/over/heart.html

48 minutes ago, seaJane said:

Excellent stuff! The books are wonderful for reading aloud, especially if you feel up to doing the voices. It wasn't until I heard Alan Bennett reading them that it struck me that Roo and Kanga would have Australian accents :P.

Glad you enjoyed it. I discovered this a few years ago and really like it: https://net.lib.byu.edu/english/wwi/over/heart.html

I was just glad Pooh survived his friendly-fire injury from CR's balloon-busting shot during the airborne hive-raid... 

;)

:lol: