Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

good news for a change regarding eurotunnel

chaz

dont know how many of us travel by Eurootunnel but its been around 2 years since we had a holiday around the Somme area. Now we have sold our house we didnt know when we  were likely to use the remaining Frequent Traveller tickets.

Today Ive received an email from Eurotunnel, saying they are extending our unused tickets until June 2022, good news , we may get back over. The bad news is our vet reckons the dog will still need then mass of paperwork to allow her to travel, and is expensive.

7 hours ago, chaz said:

dont know how many of us travel by Eurootunnel but its been around 2 years since we had a holiday around the Somme area. Now we have sold our house we didnt know when we  were likely to use the remaining Frequent Traveller tickets.

Today Ive received an email from Eurotunnel, saying they are extending our unused tickets until June 2022, good news , we may get back over. The bad news is our vet reckons the dog will still need then mass of paperwork to allow her to travel, and is expensive.

The other way to look at it is that it is great news for the dog.

Tom.

Leave dog in kennels. We always did over many years of family holidays. The dog never came to any harm.

she wont do kennels, even a night at the vets, weve been called to pick her up. 10yr old and been 26 times, a veteran of the various cemeteries and Somme fields

1 hour ago, chaz said:

she wont do kennels, even a night at the vets, weve been called to pick her up. 10yr old and been 26 times, a veteran of the various cemeteries and Somme fields

We're in the same boat as you chaz, both with the kennels and the frequent traveller.  SWMBO has stayed at home for the last trip and the current one and, I suspect, for at least the next one with all this stupidity about health certificates for the dogs.

• 4 weeks later...

But sadly it looks as if Eurotunnel will not be selling more new Frequent Traveller packages for some time, as they are extending the validity of the existing ones.   It certainly does up the cost of a trip now!

10 hours ago, angelab said:

But sadly it looks as if Eurotunnel will not be selling more new Frequent Traveller packages for some time, as they are extending the validity of the existing ones.   It certainly does up the cost of a trip now!

unless you shop at Tesco and exchange their clubcard points (converted at 3x their face value) for tickets. :thumbsup:

On 01/10/2021 at 00:09, angelab said:

Are you sure? We have just bought another pack of Frequent Traveller tickets prior to our next trip in November.

Gosh, Ken, thanks!  I am going to give it another try...

EDIT:

Just looked, but I can’t see a way to do it:

Due to the current situation with regard to travel between the UK and continental Europe, as a result of the COVID 19 pandemic, Eurotunnel has indefinitely suspended the sale of Frequent Traveller accounts. We understand that this decision will be disappointing but this is necessary in the current climate. ...”

Edited by angelab

2 hours ago, Ken Lees said:

We have just bought another pack of Frequent Traveller tickets prior to our next trip in November.

Yes Ken.  Please tell us how you did it!  I'm OK at the moment as I have 4 tickets (2 return trips) remaining but I will also be using some of our Clubcard points so that should keep us going until whenever they decide what they are doing.

Apologies to all. I clearly should listen when I'm being spoken to in the house. What I was actually told is that we need more. I therefore leapt to the assumption that the Efficiency Department in our house had already made the purchase.

Looks like this will be an expensive trip, with a trailer both ways and an extra car to bring back, too.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tickets-and-fares/types/frequent-traveller/

sums it up, I suppose. If you have a balance you can still use them but they have suspended sale of new ones.

this was posted back in June but not heard anything else about off peak multibuy

We recognise the demand for a product of this nature and so we are planning to introduce a new off peak multibuy product later in the year. This will be dependent on the easing of the travel restrictions and if there is sufficient off peak availability. 

6 hours ago, Ken Lees said:

Looks like this will be an expensive trip,

Prices have certainly gone up since I bought my current frequent traveller wallet.  Saving my remaining FQ tickets so I just booked my next trip using my Tesco points.  It has cost me £2 for the return trip.

Seems prices have gone up for a return trip we were paying around £150-00 now £180-00,

Tony

And they have changed the designation of some vehicles. My Peugeot Partner is now a van apparently not what ever it was before so is considerably more expensive

George