Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

North Carolina Digital 1914-1918 maps

Skipman

6 hours ago, WhiteStarLine said:

Thanks Mike, I had forgotten about this site.

I did a search and didn't see it but I see now you've posted before. Not sure where I went wrong. Do you, or can you, use these on TMapper?

Mike

It's a great idea Mike but would probably need some consultation with them.  They are published as "The SA of NC considers this item in the public domain by U.S. law but responsibility for permissions rests with researchers".  This is good.  They can be freely downloaded, but what they call 'large' is still highly compressed and therefore quite pixellated when you zoom in.  However, when you use their own zoom all is good.  Here is a side-by-side of sqaure 29, zoomed in on the left and as saved to disk on the right.

tMapper needs it to look life the LHS to be meaningful as users zoom in.  Worth investigating though!

image.png.341028e2fb614a8fff3e820f4cc8f6d8.png" 

If you click on the map, then click on it again and toggle full page then right click and 'save as' a document, or image, then a decent copy can be obtained. For example attached image.

Mike

Map 1.png

Funny Mike, I noticed that myself after your original post and it nearly doubles the resolution.  Great tip for personal study.