Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Anyone visited the Somme region lately?

EAST YORKSHIRE

Hello all, I am due to stay around Thiepval area for a week beginning 18th September, walking and eating is on the agenda. With Covid still amongst us I just wondered how the local French villagers would welcome me given that I am travelling from UK. So I was just wondering if anyone has any recent experience of things over there, Whilst I will adhere to safety measures I do not want to upset anyone but would dearly like to go and put some money in the tills of the eateries in the area!, any replies would be appreciated on the subject, Ian.

55 minutes ago, EAST YORKSHIRE said:

Hello all, I am due to stay around Thiepval area for a week beginning 18th September, walking and eating is on the agenda. With Covid still amongst us I just wondered how the local French villagers would welcome me given that I am travelling from UK. So I was just wondering if anyone has any recent experience of things over there, Whilst I will adhere to safety measures I do not want to upset anyone but would dearly like to go and put some money in the tills of the eateries in the area!, any replies would be appreciated on the subject, Ian.

Can't see there would be a problem.  I'm coming to the end of my second week here on the Somme and not had any problems - though I don't go out to eat, except to some French friends here in the village.

47 minutes ago, Don Regiano said:

Can't see there would be a problem.  I'm coming to the end of my second week here on the Somme and not had any problems - though I don't go out to eat, except to some French friends here in the village.

Thanks Don, reassuring to know, Ian.

7 hours ago, EAST YORKSHIRE said:

I believe you need to have a "health pass" in order to eat in cafes or restaurants. Might be worth having a read of the following....  LINK

17 hours ago, slick63 said:

I believe you need to have a "health pass" in order to eat in cafes or restaurants. Might be worth having a read of the following....  LINK

Aye-thanks for that, I am following another thread on these matters,, will make sure things are in place, Ian.

After having my test to return to the UK last month, I set up the French TousAntiCovid app on my phone as suggested when the pharmacist sent the results electronically.  On my current trip, as previously, I printed off my anti-covid injection history from the NHS app (the one that has an expiry date on the QR codes).  I then scanned the QR codes into the French app (which said it accepted the English (can't say UK) record.  It would appear that the French app on my phone is now, in effect, a Pass Sanitaire - though I haven't had the need to try it.

On 30/08/2021 at 18:45, slick63 said:

interestingly, some places are refusing to check for a health pass'

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/sante-sciences/pass-sanitaire-dans-les-bars-et-les-restaurants-les-commerces-s-organisent-face-au-risque-de-1626368422

areas vary in their thoughts

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/economie-social/restaurateurs-de-cambrai-oui-au-pass-sanitaire-non-aux-controles-1628353384

14 hours ago, Don Regiano said:

After having my test to return to the UK last month, I set up the French TousAntiCovid app on my phone as suggested when the pharmacist sent the results electronically.  On my current trip, as previously, I printed off my anti-covid injection history from the NHS app (the one that has an expiry date on the QR codes).  I then scanned the QR codes into the French app (which said it accepted the English (can't say UK) record.  It would appear that the French app on my phone is now, in effect, a Pass Sanitaire - though I haven't had the need to try it.

Thanks Don.

4 hours ago, chaz said:

Thanks Chaz, 

• 5 weeks later...

I did the same as Don, and imported my vaccination info from the NHS to the AntiCovid app.  You have to show it whenever you go to a cafe or restaurant in France, I believe.  The one occasion I went to a restaurant, it was checked at the door and approved. :-)

You are required to wear a mask in French shops and supermarkets.

• Admin

Haven’t dined out but had my COVID vaccine QR code scanned  when checking into accommodation. Not on the Somme, I don’t stay there.