Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WWI Canadian motor transport/ engineer tunic

Lithgow1918

Attached are photos of what I understand to be a WWI Canadian motor transport/ engineer tunic named (via searching regimental number) to an Edward Pelissier. The buttons have been replaced and there are one or two small repairs, however otherwise it is in good condition with little to no mothing. Are my assessments correct that it is indeed a WWI tunic? Can anyone tell me anything more about it? I would also like to get a rough idea of value if that's okay. Also attached are photos of some trousers I got in the same lot, they are unmarked and have USA buttons that may be replacements, I would appreciate any information on them as well. Thanks

IMG_20210804_135907305.jpg

IMG_20210804_135913640.jpg

IMG_20210804_135924216.jpg

IMG_20210804_140116882.jpg

IMG_20210804_140122318.jpg

A nice tunic!

The trousers look like standard US Service Breeches made of cotton drill type material. The colour varies - earlier ones appearing darker greenish/brownish - later much more light sandy colour like British KD.

They (and their matching tunics) are fairly common in the US but surviving examples tend to be very small (more so than with the wool versions)

I have a number of examples. Those for mounted troops had a reinforcing patch stitched in the inside legs

Chris

That's what they were listed as, but since they came with the tunic (which was mislabeled) I figured I'd at least ask. Thanks for the info.

could you please post a close up photo of the collar dogs   thanks

Bob R.