Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

192070. George Walter Bernard ,H.L.I. ?

Brian J Owen

192070 Bernard, listed as wounded with the Royal Horse Artillery, in the War Office Weekly Casualty List No4, August 28th 1917.

his pension, and medal card show him with the Highland Light Infantry, R.F.A. and 2/1st W.R.H.A, where I believe he was wounded on the 20/7/1917,

If  any one could add any more information it would be greatly appreciated

bernard g w.PNG

bernard pension.PNG

5 hours ago, Brian J Owen said:

192070 Bernard, listed as wounded with the Royal Horse Artillery, in the War Office Weekly Casualty List No4, August 28th 1917.

his pension, and medal card show him with the Highland Light Infantry, R.F.A. and 2/1st W.R.H.A, where I believe he was wounded on the 20/7/1917,

If  any one could add any more information it would be greatly appreciated

bernard g w.PNG

bernard pension.PNG

Hello Brian,

Can you please explain your reference to the HLI?

I don't see any on the images you have shown.

Kindest Regards,

Tom.

13 minutes ago, Tom Lang said:

Hello Brian,

Can you please explain your reference to the HLI?

I don't see any on the images you have shown.

Kindest Regards,

Tom.

It's marked as "Highland Lt Infy" on the pension card index on the website, however someone's corrected it as well as the town. Unfortunately the original error does not get removed, only an amendment added.

8 minutes ago, Derek Black said:

It's marked as "Highland Lt Infy" on the pension card index on the website, however someone's corrected it as well as the town. Unfortunately the original error does not get removed, only an amendment added.

You've got it in one! = Ignore the HLI suggestion on the Pension Index Card

It's certainly a glitch with WFA/Fold3/Ancestry - heaven knows how it got marked "Highland Lt Infy" in the first place. :-(

The Pension Index Card 'tagging' has subsequently been manually amended on WFA/Fold3 to "RHA" - now you also have additional choices of searching by "R H A" or "Royal Horse Artillery"

As does "Bernard, 192070", a search for "Bernard, RHA" at WFA/Fold3 will now pick up this card [as a less accurate search option - amongst others with those parameters - likewise including now alternatively R H A or Royal Horse Artillery]

:-) M

As can be seen on the medal card 

Awarded the Silver war badge List RA 2665

looking at the list on ancestry Badge No B48875

Thank you gentlemen sorry for the confusion with reference to H.L.I. I never checked the records correctly. shear coincidence that I was looking for some reference to 51st Division Trench Mortar Battery and when I saw H.L.I. and I thought wrong. Thank you for pointing out the reference to the silver war badge, can I access at the National  Archives ?

Thank you all for your help,

Kind regards

Brian