Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Have anyone read Werner Beumelburg's "Douaumont"

Brusilov

I have decided to purchase a French translation of "Douaumont 25 Février - 25 Octobre 1916" by Werner Beumelburg. I have checked the author's biography and found out that he wrote a work with a similar title for the series "Schlachten des Weltkrieges".

Have you guys read both the translation and the original German? Are they the same book?

I have read the Schlachten des Weltkrieges edition which is the same as the edition published just as Douaumont. I am assuming this is the French translation you have bought 

https://www.amazon.fr/Douaumont-25-Février-Octobre-1916/dp/B00OO26IVK

As can be seen from the contents table, the translation has additional content which has presumably been added by the translator/publisher. The original content would appear to be the same.

Charlie

535E8AFF-FDCA-4E2B-A0DA-0522CB4BD07D.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

@charlie2So did you read the French translation as well?

Are they the same because I have just looked into the German version and it seems very different from the French "traduction". My German is very bad so perhaps it impedes the text's comprehensibility.

9 minutes ago, Brusilov said:

@charlie2So did you read the French translation as well?

Are they the same because I have just looked into the German version and it seems very different from the French "traduction". My German is very bad so perhaps it impedes the text's comprehensibility.

No I haven‘t read the French version, as far I can tell the French version is a translation of the German only from page 67. Anything before page 67 has been added by the translator. 
Charlie