Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Walter Jervis 8th N Staffs

howe2010

From MIC [and its two related Medal Rolls] - no other military records found so far.

First ToW France, entered 18-7-15 with 8 North Staffs as 12715, a Cpl.

Later with Loyal North Lancashire Regiment as 27540 - Transferred to Army Z Reserve 7-2-19 as a Sgt. [no record found that he subsequently claimed for any disability pension, as many Z Reservists did]

Awarded a 1914-15 Star, British War Medal and Victory Medal.

:-) M

Edit: If you have access to local newspapers then I suggest a search [perhaps at the British Newspaper Archive, a local library or via Find My Past] - you might perhaps even find a photo, but it could be a long haul and results aren't guaranteed.  

Would also be another long haul with little chance of success but you could check the relevant War Diaries - starting with 8NS from 18-7-15 I guess. Available for free download at present after free registration at the National Archives - here's 8NS https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C7353055 [Other Ranks rarely get a mention except under exceptional circumstances - but should give you a general idea of what was happening from day to day]

*** If you have other information on him it would probably be useful to share with GWF - e.g. family details, address(es), pre-war occupation etc. - from such crumbs you might perhaps get more.

Edited by Matlock1418
edit

• 1 month later...

There are two entries for a w jervis with photographs in the weekly not evening sentinel, sadly I do not have copies for 1916, however they are on microfilm at Hanley and Newcastle library 

20210922_104805.jpg