Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help with research required!

Tanya

Hello,

I'm writing a historical novel inspired by a trip to the Minack theatre in Cornwall.

I've been researching Rowena Cade whose two brothers served in the great war. Her father Charles James Cade died in January 1917 and I'm trying to find out whether he served in the war or not. He would have been 64 when the war broke out - perhaps this was considered too old?

I would be very grateful for any assistance and I've been hitting a wall each time I try to find out his cause of death.

Tanya Farrelly (author)

Tanya,

Welcome to the forum. 

A search of local newpapers for an obituary may give the cause of his death, and will be almost certain to mention any military service. 

Regards,

Alf McM

8 minutes ago, alf mcm said:

Tanya,

Welcome to the forum. 

A search of local newpapers for an obituary may give the cause of his death, and will be almost certain to mention any military service. 

Regards,

Alf McM

Thanks so much Alf. I have been searching for his obituary, but without any luck. could you recommend any good sites for searching?

• Admin

Please do not post duplicate threads as itonly leads to duplication and confusion. This one is now locked, the other will remain open

• DavidOwen locked this topic