Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

6th Tent Detachment RAF

Errol Martyn

Has anyone come across this unit before? It is noted on a Medical Board on a WO339 file as the posting for a Lieutenant F. Green c. Aug - Oct 1918. Probably based in France?

TIA,

Errol

I have a list 'Location of Royal Air Force Units' for 11 January 1919 which gives 6 TD as being at Clermont, under 5 Brigade.

Many thanks Dave and Mick.

Dave, I have 'Bridge to Airpower' but tent detachments do not appear in the the index. Any idea as to what the page numbers are for the first piece of (divided) text that you refernced?

Cheers,

Errol

Errol

There are no page numbers on the e-book that I referenced.

Tent Detatchments are mentioned in Chapter 6 (Logistics on the move) and in Appendix B.

Dave

10 hours ago, HERITAGE PLUS said:

Errol

There are no page numbers on the e-book that I referenced.

Tent Detatchments are mentioned in Chapter 6 (Logistics on the move) and in Appendix B.

Dave

Hi

Chapter 6 page 114, Appendix B page 181, "Nos. 1-27 Tent Detachments France and Belgium."  These were under the direct management of aircraft depots.

Mike

Many thanks Mike. I see now that the first part of the first quote appears on page 113 and the second part, as you mention, on page 114. So, good to have that sorted and be able to move on to other inten(t)sive research.

Cheers,

Errol