Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

610st M.T Coy ASC

Greg Fielder

Can anyone tell me where to search for information as to the location that the 610st M.T Coy ASC were in October / November 1918. A neighbours Grandfather is buried in St. Alban churchyard cemetery, Frant, with a CWGC headstone. He died on the 6th November 1918, and I'm assuming that this would be from wounds received.

Appreciate any guidance that can be offered. Thank you.

Greg Fielder

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the Forum.

Fold3 has a pension claim index card which indicates that he died from TB.

image.png.e58cfba0a25b6996eb3bce2bfe9ec79e.png
Image sourced from Fold3

Regards
Chris

Thank you so much Chris, clearly you are very experienced at this ! It would have taken me days if not weeks to get this, and you've done it without me even putting his name on the forum post! Amazing. Thank you.

Greg

Hi,

He has a Silver War Badge on Ancestry (link) which says that he enlisted on 9.12.1914, and was discharged due to sickness on 11.7.1918.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Once again thank you ! 

Whilst I was trying to find my way around the National Archives and got nowhere ! you've come back with the above.

I also tried looked for his medal roll, which too drew a blank.

Appreciated, Greg 

Hi Greg,

On Ancestry his medal roll records are here, and his Soldiers Effects record here. Unfortunately, he doesn't appear to have a set of surviving service papers.

Regards
Chris

These are the War Diaries for 610  Company ASC, who seem to have been the Divisional Supply Column for the New Zealand Division:

His M2 service number suggests he was a driver, probably a professional driver on enlistment.

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_dss=range&_sd=1914&_ed=1919&_q="A.S.C."+WO95+610

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr