Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

P1907 hooked quillion stamped 10 10.

Chris at Pucka

G'day, new to this site but would like advice on a bayonet I got from Lawerance Ordanance in Australia. Hooked Quillion P1907 stamped Mole and dated 10 10. My question is on the pommel is a stamp 1 G G. Lawerance Ord sold it online as issued to the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards. Is this correct? Upper half in good condition but lower half missing an inch off the blade and very pitted. Am going to refurbish but keen to know if what they said about 1 G G is true! Have a SMLE Lee Enfield from Enfield stamped 1910 so a great match to bayonet and rifle from same year.

20210726_232304.jpg

20210726_232224.jpg

20210726_232212.jpg

G.G. is the standard abbreviation for Grenadier Guards.

(cf Skennerton "The Broad Arrow" etc) so yes, I believe that their description of 1.G.G. as the 1st Battalion of the Grenadier Guards is quite correct.

Chris

10 hours ago, Chris at Pucka said:

G'day, new to this site but would like advice on a bayonet I got from Lawerance Ordanance in Australia. Hooked Quillion P1907 stamped Mole and dated 10 10. My question is on the pommel is a stamp 1 G G. Lawerance Ord sold it online as issued to the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards. Is this correct? Upper half in good condition but lower half missing an inch off the blade and very pitted. Am going to refurbish but keen to know if what they said about 1 G G is true! Have a SMLE Lee Enfield from Enfield stamped 1910 so a great match to bayonet and rifle from same year.

20210726_232304.jpg

20210726_232224.jpg

20210726_232212.jpg

?? I am not sure if there was supposed to be a reply here but if there was I am not seeing it!

Chris

Something went wrong. The post was to say thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated. Regards Chris

***! you are welcome - it's a really nice example - enjoy it!

Chris