Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Type 1 'Chocolate-brown' British Victory Medal Wanted

Bilco

Does anyone have a genuine Type 1 'chocolate-browm' British Victory medal they are prepared to seel to me? As well as the dark brown, matt finish, the Type 1has the suspension knob soldered to the planchet, rather than part of it.

Rank or regiment immaterial.

Bill

It is a much neglected medal variant and one you very rarely see listed as such on dealers lists. The one I have in my collections was unknowingly bought in a group and it was only when I had it in hand I discovered that it was a Type I. I had thought from the photographs, that it was a much tarnished medal I was buying.
    Given that they are not often seen or identified, it is surprising how little the Medal Year Book value them at. I would have thought as a fairly uncommon variant they would have been worth many times more than the standard issue medal. However, as interest increases I am sure it is only a matter of time before dealers pick up on this and actively check their stock more closely to see if they have any and place a premium on them, so now is probably the time to try and find one.
     If I spot any for sale, I will let you know. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...