Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Info on medals for George E. Waine, Army Cyclist Corps

Jenny Francis

My husbands great-grandfather was Private George E. Waine of the Army Cylist Corps reg no. 3554. We have in our posessions  several photos of him in his uniform & lots of postcards that he sent to his sweetheart/wife Florrie, both from whilst training & from the Western Front. The one thing we don't have are his medals, my husbands Dad  never knew what had happened to them? Then when recently googling the name George E Waine Army Cyclist Corps, I found a link to an auction site from last year & low & behold his medals that are so precious to us were on there,... but now sold! We contacted the auction site but obviously they were unable to give us any details of who bought them,but they said they would pass on our details to them. So far we haven't heard anything & are really eager to be able to buy these medals back.  If anyone knows any info or perhaps the person who has purchased them might read this, please,please we are so desparate  to finally have them back in the family again!  Thank you from Jenny & Carl Francis

• Admin

Have you also posted this on the British Medals Forum? If not, I would recommend you do so.

Jenny, you could try placing an advert on the British Medals Forum. You have to join & get registered first, quite easy to do.

This Forum has many many active members & it is possible someone there might have been the successful bidder in that auction. Army Cyclist Corps is a fairly desirable unit.

Best of luck in your quest,

Bryan

Hi Jenny

I have just published a link to a list of medals owned by members on this Forum who are happy for them to have the name(s) displayed, unfortunately your great-grandfather is not on the list. However that is not to say that someone on here does not have it in their possession.

All the best in your quest to get them reunited with the family.

John

Thank you so much everyone for your help, it is much appreciated. I didn't know there was a British Medals Forum so I will certainly join up & try on there, staying hopeful! From Jenny Francis  

Jenny, there is also a publication entitled MEDAL NEWS & its published by a member of the BM Forum, his ID is "moulesman". (not 100% certain I have correct spelling)

He runs ads for members seeking family medals. 

He might make contact with you once your membership is approved, or you could PM(Private message) him.

It might take a couple days for your membership to be approved by the moderators on that forum.