Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Claude Mynott

DBAhmed

2 hours ago, horatio2 said:

BAGNALL, BERTRAM ARTHUR

... ... ... husband of Eva Bagnall, of 7, Boscombe Place, Letchworth.

A James C MYNOTT living at 6 Boscombe Place, Letchworth - 1939 Register

295559299_MYNOTTJC.1939register.png.75ce22c522965f695be165c01f4ddc05.png

Image courtesy of Ancestry

And living next to a Mrs Eva TURNBULL - who appears in another thread on GWF https://www.greatwarforum.org/topic/243118-bertram-arthur-bagnall-rnas-raf/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-3023756 

Knowing the OP's interest in Bertram Arthur BAGNALL, whose widow was Eva and at the 7 Boscombe Place, Letchworth, I think we have probably found the subject, Claude MYNOTT, of the OP

I hope so.

:-) M

Edited by Matlock1418
added link

Good searching & deduction Matlock. Wonder if Eva & James C were related - brother & sister?

Ah, the answer was on the Bertram Arthur Bagnall thread: "Married Eva Mynott in Hitchin in 1912".

Edited by Ivor Anderson
Correction

1 hour ago, Ivor Anderson said:

Wonder if Eva & James C were related - brother & sister?

I don't know, [Yet?]

Again wondering - I was wondering if the OP's father went to visit Mrs Bagnall/Turnbull, apparently his grandmother, in the 1950/60s and met Mr Mynott, and hence his interest now.

???

Hope we find out more when the OP gets back.

Edit:

I reckon we may both be right :-)

A Bertram A Bagnall married an Eva Mynott in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, April Qtr, 1912 [Vol 3a, page 1425]

Further edit:

Does look rather like a brother and sister scenario.

A 1901 Census for Thriplow Cambridgeshire - as Claude Mynott - does seem to likely confirm this sibling relationship - but as I'm not an experienced genealogist and we are now rather wandering off topic I am not going to explore further - OP may perhaps be able to clarify.

Edited by Matlock1418
Edit & further edit

A really interesting thread in showing the unlikely positive result from the initial

wondering if there is any information about a Claude Mynott WW1  dad said he was a stretcher bearer and also was awarded a GM George medal

Maybe the OP will pass back here again sometime to see this

57 minutes ago, Ivor Anderson said:

Ah, the answer was on the Bertram Arthur Bagnall thread: "Married Eva Mynott in Hitchin in 1912".

35 minutes ago, Matlock1418 said:

A Bertram A Bagnall married an Eva Mynott in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, April Qtr, 1912 [Vol 3a, page 1425]

Snap!!!

All got going after your early suggestion of JCM. :-) 

Hi found your link I might be a bit slow in responding to some links and messages. I’m just not sure which route to follow many thanks for all your support Dawn 

Hi I am Dawn my dad is the relative of James Claude Mynott and Bertram Arthur Bagnall I do really appreciate all your support and knowledge you are providing me