Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Aircraft Factory

oak

Colleagues,

I would be very grateful if anyone could provide me with details of any books or articles on the Royal Aircraft Factory.

Regards,

Philip

"Early Aviation At Farnborough" by Percy Walker former head of Structures Dept RAE. Sorry I can't find the publisher.

Richard.

In memory of my grandfather 30883 Cpl. Sydney Law D Coy 2 KOYLI KIA 14 April 1917 at Fayet. Commemorated at Thiepval

Guest birdflightless

Philip

"The Royal Aircraft Factory" by Paul R. Hare, published by Putnam Aeronautical books, ISBN 0-85177-843-7.

Contains history of the company and all its aircraft, including airships.

Lots of photos and line drawings + technical and production details.

Regards

Stewart

"The Royal Aircraft Factory" by Paul R. Hare, published by Putnam Aeronautical books, ISBN 0-85177-843-7.

Would that be the same book as Planes/Aircraft of the RAF[Royal Aircraft Factory]I saw this book @ a Remainder sale in Wisbech this Saturday But sadly didn't pay too much attention,I only remember it as the Title caught my Eye amongst all the Encyclopedic Military Books,but the D/J looked interesting with WW1 Fighters etc on it

I must write 1000 times: Must pay attention @ Book Sales In Future! sorry! :blink:

Guest birdflightless

Harrybetts,

I think the book that you saw could have been a different publication.

The Putnam's full title is as quoted.

The dust jacket has a reproduction of a painting by Keith Woodcock, depicting a F.E.2b engaging an Albatros D III over France.

Is this remainder sale a regular event?, I will be working around that area for ten days soon, it would be nice to have somthing to do with my spare time.

Regards

Stewart

Sadly No,They do other areas but only come to the wilds of Wisbech around twice a year!,The Book must have been a different title as it had Photographs of RE8s? & Other aircraft with the factory in the Background,as a sort of "Pastiche" the D/J was dark green in colour!,and a large 10" x 8" type format,I wish I'd bought it now!! :(

Thanks Richard and Stewart,

Regards,

Philip

R.A.Factory Aircraft by Bob Pearson:Click Here!!!Wonderful thing the WWW!! The Title of the other previously mentioned book was "Aircraft of the Royal Aircraft Factory",by Paul C.Hare,ISBN:1861262094,1999 & later Editions.{ An Advanced Google search for "Royal Aircraft Factory":to include "Book";will find it as an eBay listing?}

• 1 month later...

Belated thanks Harry Betts,

I hadn't looked in this threat in a while.

Regards,

Philip