Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sources of information - researching individual soldiers

johndavidswarbrick

Thanks Dave glad to be of help. There is little method in my madness, and I move in mysterious ways, but sometimes, it works. Beats me. :thumbsup:

Mike

While looking into Joseph Swarbrick 8th Hussars 2203. Service record has address as  9 rock View Old Swan Liverpool father Joseph mother Anna brother john 16 Highfield Road Old Swan

This page Click has this

Marriage: 7 Feb 1904 All Saints, Old Swan, Lancs.
William Swarbrick - 22 Tile Fixer Bachelor of 25 Leinster Road
Florence Mary Naden - 20 Spinster of 25 Leinster Road
    Groom's Father: Thomas Swarbrick, Deceased, Publican
    Bride's Father: George Naden, Gentleman
    Witness: W. Hollis; Eliza Lucy Naden
    Married by Banns by: Edw. T. Hoare
    Register: Marriages 1877 - 1913, Page 138, Entry 275
    Source: LDS Film 2147928

Joseph Swarbrick's address given on his service record 9 Rock View Old Swan Liverpool also appears on the page but a different family? Other Swarbricks on this page might mean something, or lead somewhere.

Mike

On 01/06/2021 at 20:45, Skipman said:

While looking into Joseph Swarbrick 8th Hussars 2203. Service record has address as  9 rock View Old Swan Liverpool father Joseph mother Anna brother john 16 Highfield Road Old Swan

This page Click has this

Marriage: 7 Feb 1904 All Saints, Old Swan, Lancs.
William Swarbrick - 22 Tile Fixer Bachelor of 25 Leinster Road
Florence Mary Naden - 20 Spinster of 25 Leinster Road
    Groom's Father: Thomas Swarbrick, Deceased, Publican
    Bride's Father: George Naden, Gentleman
    Witness: W. Hollis; Eliza Lucy Naden
    Married by Banns by: Edw. T. Hoare
    Register: Marriages 1877 - 1913, Page 138, Entry 275
    Source: LDS Film 2147928

Joseph Swarbrick's address given on his service record 9 Rock View Old Swan Liverpool also appears on the page but a different family? Other Swarbricks on this page might mean something, or lead somewhere.

Mike

Hi Mike, 

Sorry for the delay in replying - I was tied up with something else yesrterday. I had not previously found his record, so a big thankyou for that. I know about William, and have all his records. He had two brothers whose records I also have. Joseph doesn't appear to fit into that particular Swarbrick family, but I will probably have him somewhere. I'll get on to that this morining.

Dave

Hi Mike,

I have Joseph now; and I did have his records, but as he was discharged in 1902 I had not made the connection with the Pension Leger Index record. He was discharged as medically unfit in March 1902; in 1911 he and his wife were living at Teddington. He engaged in correspondence with the Ministry of Pensions in 1919 - which presumably explains his Pension Ledger Index Card - but it is clear from that correspondence that he did not serve in any capacity after 1902.  He died in 1950 at Redhill, Surrey. I will now remove him from my Great War Service project. 

Thanks again for your help.

Dave  

28 minutes ago, johndavidswarbrick said:

Hi Mike,

I have Joseph now; and I did have his records, but as he was discharged in 1902 I had not made the connection with the Pension Leger Index record. He was discharged as medically unfit in March 1902; in 1911 he and his wife were living at Teddington. He engaged in correspondence with the Ministry of Pensions in 1919 - which presumably explains his Pension Ledger Index Card - but it is clear from that correspondence that he did not serve in any capacity after 1902.  He died in 1950 at Redhill, Surrey. I will now remove him from my Great War Service project. 

Thanks again for your help.

Dave  

The MoP was dealing with 'PWP' - Pre War Pensions - so the enquiry would make sense where there may have been an earlier pension entitlement.

Craig

3 minutes ago, ss002d6252 said:

The MoP was dealing with 'PWP' - Pre War Pensions - so the enquiry would make sense where there may have been an earlier pension entitlement.

Craig

Thank you Colin - that confirms my thoughts,

Dave